News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErtugrulBEKTIK

Chat's time is 3 hour late according to Forum's time How can I fix this?

villasg

Quote from: SA™ on June 13, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: villasg on June 13, 2015, 02:04:52 AM
Any idea for my error ?

Quote from: villasg on June 09, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxlxx/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php on line 176
WARN  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxxxxxx/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php:176)
FATAL Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1

thanks for the reports ill try to fix this this week have a new version ready in testing

Hi .
Sorry for asking .
The [SAChatBar1.0a (1).zip] are newest ? , have fix for my errors ?
Thanks

SA™

nope not updated yet soon 8)

Quote from: ErtugrulBEKTIK on July 25, 2015, 11:15:42 AM
Chat's time is 3 hour late according to Forum's time How can I fix this?

this happens because your host does not have a default time zone set  in the php.ini . So this mod sets a default one to GMT
in sachat/index.php
just change this line to your time zone
date_default_timezone_set('GMT');
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

player.samp

When will the FATAL error of "Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1" in "/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php Line: 176" will be fixed?

SA™

Quote from: player.samp on August 05, 2015, 07:32:02 AM
When will the FATAL error of "Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1" in "/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php Line: 176" will be fixed?

looked into it today whats your php version?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Miker1029

Hey Love the New SA CHAT, Been using it For weeks (Dunno if same version here, Got this one from GIT), And can't wait to try the new ADD-ONS!!

I had a Question, Would there be a way to change the NAME from "Chat" to "Mini-Chat"?  Or is that a No-No??

Thanks

Mike

SA™

QuoteHey Love the New SA CHAT, Been using it For weeks (Dunno if same version here, Got this one from GIT), And can't wait to try the new ADD-ONS!!

that version is a dev version not added that here yet still playing with the installer for the plugin system on that version

QuoteI had a Question, Would there be a way to change the NAME from "Chat" to "Mini-Chat"?  Or is that a No-No??
sure sachat/themes/languages/english.php
$txt['whos_on'] = 'Chat';

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Miker1029

Cool Thanks,  Also had an Idea for your ADD-ONS, Might be alot of work and divert from your Original Intent for the chat window, not sure, But it would be great to have Add-On Option to make it a Full Size pop-out type chat (Pretty Much like the Global You had) that's full featured, BBCODE, Smileys, The Works, I can see you making some $$$ off of something like that... As I have Alax as the MAIN Chat, And yours for a Quick Conversation....

Thanks for a GREAT MOD, and as DEV version goes It's working fine, and NO ERRORS AT ALL!!

Mike

SA™

Yes pop out chat is something i want to do as a plugin. There is a some code there for it but it does not work prob never will as i was just playing :D but there is plans for a plugin to do that

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

player.samp

Quote from: SA™ on August 05, 2015, 09:43:19 AM

"PHP: 5.2.17"

hains

I installed this mod and nothing comes up  y??

can sombody help??

Kindred

Quote from: SA™ on June 13, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
if you see no bar after install you just need to goto admin/sachat/maintenance/fix bar
it has been said many many times in this thread
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SA™

Pho 5.3 is required with the last update
Quote from: player.samp on August 06, 2015, 08:33:47 AM

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

player.samp

Quote from: SA™ on August 06, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
Pho 5.3 is required with the last update
Quote from: player.samp on August 06, 2015, 08:33:47 AM

Do you know how to update PHP version from 5.2.17 to 5.3? I searched in the website and couldn't find any explanation how to update the PHP version. The forum version is 2.0.10.

margarett

That is something you need to talk to your host ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ErtugrulBEKTIK

Quote from: SA™ on August 04, 2015, 09:35:51 AM
nope not updated yet soon 8)

this happens because your host does not have a default time zone set  in the php.ini . So this mod sets a default one to GMT
in sachat/index.php
just change this line to your time zone
date_default_timezone_set('GMT');
I change it with this
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Istanbul');
but nothing has changed.

Deprecated

I am EXTREMELY pleased you are actively working on this mod. Last time I checked in it wasn't suitable for my forum, but I am very enthusiastic and intend to try it right away!

A few comments on issues discussed earlier. A PHP script is a dead thing. SMF is a state machine. If there are no HTTP requests it stays dead. You'd need a cron job to get it to do anything without site visitors. And as was said, search engine bots are constantly hitting most URLs. Depending on the design of the mod if a guest can kick it off then that's what search engines are.

A sure way to test this is to create a test system on a subdomain, say adjfoi4ew.example.com with just default SMF and the mod installed, nothing else. Nobody and no search engines will ever find that link and such a test setup should give your answer about whether there are resource usage peaks every 11 hours.

Also repeating what was said earlier, resource hungry software must run on a server that can satisfy the resource needs, and chat systems are inherently resource hungry. It wouldn't surprise me at all that this mod is probably not suited for a shared host, probably not even a VPS. I'm fortunate I have a high performance server that surely will have no such problems, not unless my forum grows extremely popular which is unlikely at the present.

I'll get back to y'all with my results after I test the mod. Thanks again SA for updating it!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Tbh, I don't know. What I do know is what I have seen in my logs before uninstalling it and after uninstalling it. It may be related to other mods interfering with it, I just know that as soon as I uninstalled it, my problems disappered.

P.S.: I'm on a premium host, with resources way bigger than the ones I am using (not overseller).
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Deprecated

Ninja, every serious forum operator or mod package author has one or more test forums in addition to their production forum, to test mods and experiment with changes. Anybody who reads this who has a production forum and no test forum, you are making a serious mistake, because you cannot risk your production forum by playing with mod packages or other changes.

Every mod package or theme MUST be tested on a clean SMF install in order to isolate its effects from interaction with your other mods or styles. In fact this is an absolute requirement for mod package or theme authors.

I am concerned about the "11 hour syndrome" but I find it difficult to put credence into the theory without testing it myself.

In the end all I can say is that nobody's results are credible unless they test this mod package on a clean, unused system. Please follow my advice and install it on a random sub-domain that bots won't find, and ensure you have adequate monitoring tools in place so you can observe and document your perceived problem.

Do that and report back and I'll consider your observations may have some credibility. Test it on a production forum with members and search engines and other mods and you are producing data that is worth little more than garbage.

Software engineering is a science. In science we learn to create experiments that isolate the phenomenon we are experimenting with from other unrelated variables. You must isolate your test system from outside variables (the Internet, by creating an impossible to find subdomain) and observe it with just the mod package and your chosen version of SMF.

Until you have done that all you have is a wild guess as to what is happening.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 08, 2015, 03:25:50 PM
Tbh, I don't know. What I do know is what I have seen in my logs before uninstalling it and after uninstalling it. It may be related to other mods interfering with it, I just know that as soon as I uninstalled it, my problems disappered.
This is what happened. Whether you believe it or not... I couldn't care less, really. And of course I have another test forum, but as far as I remember I don't even have a full cPanel with analyzers and stuff. However, it did occasionally have lag or misfunctioning, which was gone after uninstalling it as well.

I don't really need to prove anything, nor to justify myself, and not even to make it more "credible", I just wanted to report what happened and it's what I have done. Believe it or not, up to you, but thinking about it and seeing how much I post here, given how I dislike doing it, if I was you, I'd think my statements were true.
I won't reply anymore about this matter, the mod is uninstalled, I might test some future versions, but I am not too sure about it, as I am waiting on another online chat to release its API in order to integrate it directly, which would work a lot better and it wouldn't stress the server in any way, since it works on their own servers. :)

Cheers
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: