News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massillon

Quote from: SA™ on August 20, 2015, 12:02:30 PM
I said before but i will say again group chat/chat room will come as a plugin for this mod.
I have spent the last few months working on just the plugin system it is kinda tricky
With the plugin system we will be able to add to the mod with out touching the code in the mod. Plugins will just need to be uploaded and enabled thats it.

You can get the dev version here for testing
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

I know... I'm just impatient waiting for people who actually can work code for SMF. 

Frustrating when another dev says they've got SMF integration and it's lazy, sloppy coding that doesn't work.

Miker1029

I'm noticing this LAG issue between Chrome & F.F. (Latest), I did notice when typing like 3 Sentences in Quick Succession It LAGS OUT BAD, I mean like I gave up and went to get some other stuff done, and Maybe 5-7 Minutes later the 3 Concurrent Sentences I sent POPPED up!  I'm using the GIT version for I guess a Month-ish....

AND to avoid confusion I load up Ajax-Chat Which I pretty much have for lengthy conversations and don't have any lag issue...

SO either I have a setting wrong (Never changed them so It's the Install Config) or something else...  and Error log is still clean and clear....

Any Ideas???

Thanks,

Mike

SA™

hmm so it does i just tested this maybe cos it gets each message one by one instead of all at once ill see if i can change that though im not sure cos i had issues before

Ajax-Chat look quit nice inside a sachat gadget figard id try that real quick :P

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Miker1029

Quote from: SA™ on August 21, 2015, 05:15:24 PM
hmm so it does i just tested this maybe cos it gets each message one by one instead of all at once ill see if i can change that though im not sure cos i had issues before

Ajax-Chat look quit nice inside a sachat gadget figard id try that real quick :P

Ya No Doubt there, If you need a tester, Wink, Wink Nudge, Nudge  8)

Here's the Screenshots not that it'll help but you can see how it happened...

That's the 3 lines in a row I sent...

evilservo

Still does not work for me Sadly ... I did the Theme editing as Directed but with no avail. Is there anything I can do?

SA™

You do not need to edit nothing install the mod and if it does not show just toto admin Sachat maintenance fix bar

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

massillon

Quote from: SA™ on August 23, 2015, 12:17:04 PM
You do not need to edit nothing install the mod and if it does not show just toto admin Sachat maintenance fix bar

SO pretend you were telling a complete moron how to try that....   

I mean, I am clueless for some reason.

Deprecated

Quote from: massillon on August 26, 2015, 04:32:53 PM
SO pretend you were telling a complete moron how to try that....   

I mean, I am clueless for some reason.

I just had to laugh at this. I used to be one of SMF's top 10 mod package authors and the instructions are clueless to me too.

I'm just curious if anybody wants to tell me exactly how this mod works, or opine whether you think it will work for me.

My ideal chat mod would be a simple group chat where there is ONE conversation, no special features, appears in an area inside my forum main page above the categories and anything that any logged in member types appears readible to all who are logged in. (Not visible to guests. Not visible except on the main forum page.)

Although conflicting with the above, the single improvement that would be nice is a /PRIVMSG feature like IRC that sends your comment to just one person in the chat, for snide remarks etc. :D

For artistic appeal this needs to integrate into my forum, not in a separate window.

It wouldn't unreasonable to say, "Deprecated, why don't you just try it?" but I'm up to my eyeballs in writing other higher priority mods for my new forum, and haven't gotten down to the chat mod level in my punch list yet. (I just finished a major step forward in my main "must have" mod, and I'm in a chatty mood not a thinking mood.)

Ya think this mod will do what I want?

Ninja ZX-10RR

@Deprecated, simple answer: no. You are looking for a modded shoutbox, with whisper function, rather than a proper chat like this. To give you an idea... Ever used facebook? If so, that's what this mod looks like. ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

tranhiep_116

can 2.0.1 using this??

Kindred

if you are actually running 2.0.1 -- then you need to upgrade as soon as humanly possible, since you are 9 revisions behind - including multiple security patches.

If you mean 2.1 beta2 -- no, it will probably not run on 2.1 at the moment, since 2.1 is still in beta
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deprecated

Thanks Ninja. Nothing better than asking a question and getting a human opinion than reading and reading and reading and not being able to ask. -- I have a quest. I need that mod. Maybe I'll rewrite this mod -- if I can! :D Or find something else.

Oh BTW no I've never been on FB. I hate social media, I love privacy, and I'm not giving up my data just to be a member of FB or linkedin

It's sure a biatch when you want to have a very special forum that requires heavy modding and there's no mods and you have to write your own. Good thing I've got a couple dozen under my belt.

I forgot how complicated some parts of SMF are. It makes you really appreciate the SMF developers. Eh, Kindred? :D I'm working on parts right now that I can't even understand the MySQL queries above and below me! Lucky me I was able to understand the data structures they built.

And tranheip_116 you really need to keep your SMF up to date. They update SMF to add features and fix bugs, but they also update SMF to close VULNERABILITIES!!! I've never had my forums hacked and surely don't want to find out what that's like.

I have enough fun fighting off spambots. Good thing 2.0.10 has good anti-spam built in. (If anybody wants a clue, have at least a few dozen verification questions and use only 3-4 at a time. It takes spambot runners a long time to program in all your answers. Then change them! LOLOL!)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Deprecated on August 31, 2015, 10:55:45 PM
Thanks Ninja. Nothing better than asking a question and getting a human opinion than reading and reading and reading and not being able to ask. -- I have a quest. I need that mod. Maybe I'll rewrite this mod -- if I can! :D Or find something else.
No problem :) Want to see the one I am looking at with lots of interest? https://www.tawk.to/ ~ enjoy!

This (dumb) video shows a bit of how the facebook chat looks like, since you don't have it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95deWjRvhXE (at around one minute the little bar is being used).
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

hawk11220

I am curious if this mod will allow for setting up chats as a board.  If so, would this mod allow the ability to save the chat session as a thread on a board when the chat is closed?

Thanks in advance....

Kindred

No... That is not at all what this mod does
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

romanos8

I dont know how to show this chat in my forum. I have installed and activate the mode but I dont know how to show the chat in the forum.

joker

Check permissions of your member groups.
AFAIK the defaults are OFF for everybody but the admin.
joker ;-)

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

Please see attached Image. My question is, if its possible to remove Settings option from Users side. The reasons I thought about this, if the person is not in your buddy list it will still show up as logged in. I want people to have their privacy while they are logged in unless they
have friends in their list.

Or lets say once I change on the admin side, that's what it should show on the users end.

I was trying in the permission side but didn't see much of the option.

Please help with this.

Thank You
Nikhil

desiamerican26

Any Suggestion or help with above?

SA™

They would still show because that's the way it was coded. Even if you have show buddy's only enabled you will still show on the who's online list. This will change soon.

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: