News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debiwebi

I love this mod. I have a small forum with very few mods and this has been one of them.

A couple of days ago I had a problem installing a different mod on my site, and since then I have been getting thousands (yes, no exaggeration) of errors such as these:

http://speakingofseth.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc;start=50
8: Undefined index: 2sichatloadbal
File: .../Sources/SAChatHooks.php (I shortened the urls here)
Line: 158

http://speakingofseth.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc;start=50
8: Undefined index: 2sichat_linksd2
File: .../Sources/SAChatHooks.php
Line: 157

8: Undefined index: twosichatGadget
File: .../Sources/SAChatHooks.php
Line: 156

Unable to load the '2sichat.english' language file

I uninstalled SAChat and then deleted it.

If I reinstall a fresh version of SAChat, do you suppose it will work now? I'm thinking the other mod messed up SAChat. Can you tell if that's the case, from the errors? I'm not that technical, I don't know how to read the error messages.

Thanks.

Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

nend

By those errors it looks like the mod didn't install all the way. Did you run into any errors during installation?

debiwebi

Thanks, it was working fine up until I tried to add another mod and had some problems.
I've looked through all my files, cleaned up what I could and will reinstall SAChat in the morning.
Been thinking about it all day, a fresh install and I would think it should be fine. No guts, no glory, huh?

If I have any problems I'll be back. Actually, I'll update either way.
Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

aegersz

i love this mod, too.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Maoflowers1

Thanks to all people around this excellent mod...

Worked for me, but I have one doubt: Global users can chat between them, but if you try to chat between the admin and other people the chat doesn't open a new window. What can I do? Please help.

Thanks.

aegersz

check their permissions.

i had to change mine so that only mods. or admins. can use it - just a thought.

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Novice

Our group is using this with version 2.0.11 and everything seems to be fine except when someone is viewing a listing in SMFHacks Classifieds by vbgamer, the chat function disappears. this is the only bug we have found...

Great mod just wished we could figure out how to have a true group chat with everyone on the same panel.

Kindred

flashchat or one of the other external chat systems which can link/bridge to SMF will give you the chatroom function you describe.   SA Chat is a person to person chat, not a chat room...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Novice

Quote from: Kindred on October 30, 2015, 07:47:08 AM
flashchat or one of the other external chat systems which can link/bridge to SMF will give you the chatroom function you describe.   SA Chat is a person to person chat, not a chat room...

I didn't think that the link/bridge functioned with version 2.0.11?

Kindred

anything for use with 2.0.x will probably work with any other 2.0.x version -- if not, only minor tweaks should be required since there have been no major changes in the 2.0.x code structure and none at all in the database structure
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dumke

Generally what's the optimal heartbeat settings?

mrnuke

I just installed this on my 2.0.11. Seems pretty good, but a few questions or issues.

It spikes a pretty high CPU usage on member's PC's every minute or so. in IE11. Chrome 'seems' better.

It is generating a ton of  404 errors in Developer View with missing avatar files liek this for ex. :
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=8001;type=avatar

Also the logged in members list to be able to chat with is not scrolling. Am I missing something? When you click on it, it opens with the first list of members to be able to chat with (which works well) but there are about 300 people logged in vs the 20 or so shown initially.

TY.
Www.ctguntalk.com CT's hottest Firearms, Politics and News Social Site.

420Connect.co.uk

Hey SA,

Just thought I'd see how this is coming along and wondered if you had got the group chat issues fixed and wondered if there was any 'responsive' version being worked on?

Many thanks as always!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Dumke

Think it would be possible, to remove addthis or have a button to remove it as it drastically slows down page load and on large sites, every ms counts.

VileStorms

So my forum is getting an error and isn't showing the Chat bar, not sure what is wrong, but here is the error line, I love this mod so I'd really like to get this figured out.

FATAL
Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1
File: /home/a6407485/public_html/forums/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php
Line: 176

roza

Would somebody explain to me how I should translate this mod properly?! Currently I've translated these files:
2sichat.english.php
2sichat.english-utf8.php
english.php
But just It's setting in admin area is shown translated and chat box/bar still is displayed in English. It is worth noting that I've saved the mentioned translated files besides the English files with the new names (for new language) like the Italian ones that was already in place . But is it necessary to include them some where too?
Thanks in advance.

Kindred

modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

roza

Thank you Kindred but, I've already seen that file. There is no language string there related to this mod. I also re-installed the mod but nothing was added to the modifications.english.php file.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Maybe it's just old versions but used to be sachat\themes\default\languages
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

roza

Ok, I think I could solve the problem! Instead of making and adding a translation file of  english.php, I just translated it's content. But now I have another question. How can I make the contents of the chat box right to left?

Advertisement: