News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

why ISO-8859 ??

Started by jeorcal, July 22, 2010, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeorcal

Why do you use ISO-8859 and not normal UTF-8 ?

I am getting Chinese install�es sur votre forum, et d'en t�l�charger

is it possible to change all lang files for utf-8 ?

thank you

CapadY

ofcause you can change all language files to UTF-8 but I think it will be a hell of a job :)

Why not just install the UTF-8 language package using the language manager ?

By the way, be sure everything is UTF-8, or just ISO. Not only the language package, also the database. When there is a discrepantion between those you will have problems with showing you forum.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

jeorcal

I have not  found the french utf-8 lang pack, at the install I have checked UTF-8

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

jeorcal

oops ! sorry I haven't seen the smf_2-0-rc3_french-utf8 

many thanks

gbsothere

Good luck with it, jeorcal!   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: