Noob Question about Read More option

Started by paLiOs, June 18, 2005, 05:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paLiOs

Well hi!I installed smf and everything works fine.I have a little hxxp:problem.in [nonactive] my portal i want to set a limit of characters to be displayed and then a Read More function to redirect the user to the post.Check hxxp:www.mazanet.gr/smf/portal.php [nonactive] to see my problem.See the first News post...It's huge!Tell me what to do in order to display only up to 10 lines in the portal

Thx in advance

Skoen

I was thinking the same thing. We're using the forum as the main news system, but, since the news posts are of a different length everytime, it would be good to sorta code in the SSI a section for headline, news image and a short description. And then if you hit the read more, you will be able to read the whole news item.
It's totally wrong to stop it after x characters when each news item has a different length, so in some cases the x breaks a sentence in italic
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

lewism

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but...

Are you guys saying there is a way of doing 'Read More' on a top page News item? I've been searching for that for my 2.0.9 install.

Kindred

That really depends on what you mean by a top page news item. read more within an SSI called message or a portal block allows you to define how many characters are displayed. This does not cover the actual news feature
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: