News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A forum for which I am an administrator has been hacked

Started by Lurtz, July 22, 2010, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurtz

I have posted this in a different thread, but got no response so here goes :

Hello everyone,

I have a similar problem to this one, I'm an administrator at hxxp:selahinternational.com/ModdingEmpire/index.php [nonactive] and someone hacked into the site to get administrator priviliges to ban some members from the site and he changed the site into his own site. This person was banned from the site due to misbehaviour, I know that this person uses multiple hosts so it is hard to track him down (he is know as Darth Ravenous at our site as well as at twcenter). I have no access to the site, all I get is this

A friend of mine who also visits this site made these screenshots

I don't know how to repair the site or anything like that, but I would like to establish contact with the owner of the site so that I can tell him to report the hacker to hxxp:justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.htm [nonactive] (United States Department of Justice).

Thanks to anyone trying to help me. 

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Looks like they just banned you from your own forum, Don't know how they got in, but if you have access to your database, you can simply un ban yourself that way.

If your not the owner, then you cannot do much

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Lurtz

That means he had to hack something which makes him a hacker.

Sadly I'm not the owner, I would like to contact him.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, contact the owner (someone who has access to the FTP and Database) then send him/her to this thread. :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Lurtz

There lies the problem, the owner is not responding on his old e-mail account. I think he has a new e-mail adress which I don't have.

Btw, thank you very much for trying to help me.  ;)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Lurtz on July 22, 2010, 02:42:51 PM
There lies the problem, the owner is not responding on his old e-mail account. I think he has a new e-mail adress which I don't have.

Btw, thank you very much for trying to help me.  ;)

Well just have to wait, their is literally nothing you can do without access to the database and no FTP access

SMF 2.0 RC5

Lurtz

That is very frustrating, but I guess I have no choice.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Lurtz on July 22, 2010, 03:01:28 PM
That is very frustrating, but I guess I have no choice.

Sometimes, and this time, its the only way, sorry we can not help.

SMF 2.0 RC5

forfun

Maybe the owner has banned you, and give the other guy the Admin privilege.:)

Lurtz

Quote from: forfun on July 22, 2010, 05:09:26 PM
Maybe the owner has banned you, and give the other guy the Admin privilege.:)

I don't think so, although nothing surprises me anymore  8). As far as I know the owner and the guy responsible for the action had a huge fight over something resulting in this situation.

kat

Could you contact the site's host and explain it to them?

Maybe link them to this topic?

Advertisement: