News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Big problem here...

Started by AzorMachine, July 23, 2010, 06:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzorMachine

Well everyone, first of all, sorry, cause I don't know where this topics fits best.
One of my website admins, deleted one of the biggest topics in my forum. This topic carried a lot of information, and got 43+ pages (imagine the posts to be decreased of the members...)
So, I'm here asking. Is there a way to recover this topic? I don't have a recent backup of the forum, and even if I have, there are a lot of new topics by day, so it wouldn't be cool to recover the backup...
Any idea to recover the deleted topic?

Best Regards

xenovanis

If you don't have a backup and you're not using a recycleboard, I think it's impossible to recover.

I can only give you advice to setup a recycleboard, where deleted topics and posts end up before they are permanently deleted.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

kat

Have a word with your host PDQ.

They might just have a recent backup of the database, if you're lucky.

You'll need to be quick about it, though, I'd imagine.

Sabre™

What K@ mentioned is the Only way you'd recover most of that lost info, there is No other way without your own backup.
From now on, try to backup your site regularly. :)

Quote from: xenovanis on July 23, 2010, 06:36:03 AM
... setup a recycleboard, where deleted topics and posts end up before they are permanently deleted.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Is this issue resolved? Do you require any further assistance with this?

Advertisement: