News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding an image before posted links

Started by PurpleCrow, July 23, 2010, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

It is possible to add an image that appears before links that are posted by members/staff etc when they use the URL BBCode? If so, how would I go about it?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

PurpleCrow

Yeah, I'd like to have the hyperlink symbol to appear just before the link.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

kat

Heh...

If that was me, I'd use the "Censored words" feature, to do that.

If you censor "{url", so that it gets changed to "{img}http://www.yourimageurl.com/image.gif{/img}{url="

it should work.

Squared brackets, though, obviously. ;)

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Easier than all that coding stuff, innit? ;)

PurpleCrow

Worked perfectly! Will play around with the image so it looks slightly better postioned but here's a link to a random thread with a link in to show you how it ended up - http://thewitchespath.com/index.php?topic=499.0
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Dead easy to change the image, too!

Nice one, squirrel!

PurpleCrow

Definately :D

Another question... Should probably start a new thread but... How would I add small images before peoples usernames? So that where ever their username appears a little icon is displayed just before it?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Without doing censored words for every name, I don't know.

On one forum that I used to visit, they did that so that everyone's name was replaced by an image, using censoring.

That would be a right pain, if you have loads of members, though.

PurpleCrow

Hmm yeah would be a pain... Hmm will see if I can work out a way of coding it. Although, I dont even know how usernames are coded or if they are coded into different usergroups or not... Hmm!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Looking at index.template.php, it looks like it might be ['user']. As in:

if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

I could well be wrong, though...

Advertisement: