News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The page isn't redirecting properly

Started by EleSupport, July 23, 2010, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EleSupport

I just began my first smf forums and I having a little problem. Every time I post or try to delete a topic, Firefox gives me am error page stating: The page isn't redirecting properly.

However, after going back to the forum, I see that the action still worked (posting or deleting) even though firefox loaded that page.

Installed Mods:
SimplePortal
PrettyURLS (<-- I think this is the problem since I did a search and someone who installed prettyURLs was having the same problem as me)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I checked the PrettyURL's troubleshooting page, but to no avail.

cicka

Quote from: EleSupport on July 23, 2010, 05:11:08 PM
I just began my first smf forums and I having a little problem. Every time I post or try to delete a topic, Firefox gives me am error page stating: The page isn't redirecting properly

However, after going back to the forum, I see that the action still worked (posting or deleting) even though firefox loaded that page.

Installed Mods:
SimplePortal
PrettyURLS (<-- I think this is the problem since I did a search and someone who installed prettyURLs was having the same problem as me)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I checked the PrettyURL's troubleshooting page, but to no avail.

Just to be sure that that mod is the cause, can you uninstall it temporarily and see if the same issue will occur again?

EleSupport

Just checked. Uninstalled PrettyURL's and I no longer received the "this page isn't redirecting properly" firefox error page after certain actions (like posting, deleting, etc).

After installing, the problem came back. One thing to note, when installing prettyURLS, I was given the following message: 9.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs.php     Test failed

I went ahead and installed anyways though. By the way, thanks for trying to help  :)

NanoSector

Quote from: EleSupport on July 24, 2010, 02:20:33 AM
Just checked. Uninstalled PrettyURL's and I no longer received the "this page isn't redirecting properly" firefox error page after certain actions (like posting, deleting, etc).

After installing, the problem came back. One thing to note, when installing prettyURLS, I was given the following message: 9.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs.php     Test failed

I went ahead and installed anyways though. By the way, thanks for trying to help  :)
That means it cannot find the code in Subs.php. Add it yourself manually.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

EleSupport

Can you elaborate a little? Add what manually?

- Thanks

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 24, 2010, 06:07:55 AM

cicka

Quote from: EleSupport on July 24, 2010, 09:44:29 AM

- Thanks

To add the codes manually that the Package Manager failed to add at the Subs.php file. To do that please use the Parser located under the Mod download link.

EleSupport

EDIT: Got it to work :)

Thank you cicka and yoshi2889

cicka

NanoSector

You're welcome ;)

When you need any more support, don't fear to ask :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Friv

Quote from: cicka on July 24, 2010, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: EleSupport on July 24, 2010, 09:44:29 AM

- Thanks

To add the codes manually that the Package Manager failed to add at the Subs.php file. To do that please use the Parser located under the Mod download link.

Hello

I have same problem but what you mean by: 

Can you please explain step by step where i must go and fix that?                                                                Sincerely :)

Kindred

First - please do not post in old threads like that...   this thread is 6 years old, and is already marked as solved. -- start your own thread and reference/link an older thread itf you want to suggest that your issue might be related.

Second - However - to answer your question... http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: