News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Best SEO available?

Started by frozenas, July 24, 2010, 07:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenas

Hi everyone. Can some SEO expert help me choose a SEO plugin? I really have no idea.

Thanks.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Depends on what your asking for.

Their is Pretty urls and SimpleSEF mod, these make SEO a bit better, since the urls are more search engine friendly

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

frozenas

Okay, thanks for answer, i will try those. But since i still got a lot of plugins to test, i'm going to wait for more answers, possibility to choose is always good.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: frozenas on July 24, 2010, 01:56:09 PM
Okay, thanks for answer, i will try those. But since i still got a lot of plugins to test, i'm going to wait for more answers, possibility to choose is always good.
Which plug-ins do you have?

SMF 2.0 RC5

flapjack

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 24, 2010, 01:43:18 PM

Their is Pretty urls and SimpleSEF mod, these make SEO a bit better, since the urls are more search engine friendly
both of those mods have minimal impact on SEO. so minimal, I am not using it considering problems with other mods

first mod you should look for is Sitemap. then, limit outgoing links and provide enough incoming links to your site. keep generating content and wait for results. SMF is very SEO friendly, in such way you don't need much more than Sitemap itself

frozenas

I mean normal plugins, as i have a frsh install for testing, and only after i test everything, configure everything, i'm going to move to a real board and change PHPbb to SMF. I don't have any SEO plugins yet. I will try those at the very end of plugins installation.

By the way, i like your signature, the one wih the guitar.

flapjack, yea i've got the sitemaps. Haven't installed yet though, just in my plugins list. I'm trying to get those for every SEO i got, because they are simple and easy to use. And thanks for the answer. :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: flapjack on July 24, 2010, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 24, 2010, 01:43:18 PM

both of those mods have minimal impact on SEO. so minimal, I am not using it considering problems with other mods

first mod you should look for is Sitemap. then, limit outgoing links and provide enough incoming links to your site. keep generating content and wait for results. SMF is very SEO friendly, in such way you don't need much more than Sitemap itself

That's why I said its "a bit" better, and yes SMF is url friendly, for Google, as they index by content and page title rather than META or url addresses, however, other search engines still index using url addresses and meta, pretty urls does cause lots of issues with other mods though

SMF 2.0 RC5

Afro

mod 1 - vBulletin Style Meta Tags
mod 2 - Additional Home page Title | S-Ace
mod 3 - Smf seo boards title[

Three fo the works well for me.
Plus of course the sitemap.

DoctorMalboro

No such thing as best SEO available... that depends on the content of your site and your sitemaps...

offersking

Its use of various techniques to improve a web site's ranking in the search engines and thus attract more visitors

Joker™

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on August 21, 2010, 09:34:39 AM
No such thing as best SEO available... that depends on the content of your site and your sitemaps...
+1 , also in webmaster account you can see how google read you content page . Try to set nice keywords and title for your page .
vBulletin Style Meta Tags << that mod worked pretty nice for me.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Ensiferous

Just FYI Joker. Google does not care about meta tags at all. The only useful meta tag is the description as it might affect your CTR on the search results page.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

Joker™

that mod give nice descriptions , titles etc to your post.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

arty5

I am having a massive problem still with search engines listing popular topics, smf 1.1.11 in the past listed topics normally with the topic title and a brief on the content but with smf 2.0rc3 it either gets the foot not or with global headers and footers it will list what i wrote in the header but for awhile now its just not listing popular topics at all yet it says that the search engines are. I run a few gamming blogs with All in One SEO Plugin installed an within a day it listed most of the games so is their any work on a all in all seo mod that will fix up how search engines index pages?
My Facebook Id : 1245925771

Community Message Boards - Create a Free Sig Now

Community Message Boards - My Main Forum

PatrickForum

Does anyone know where to add the keywords in the ACP for mod "Vbulletin Style Metatags"?
And this mod: "Smf seo boards title" does this mod work on SMF 2.4? I see nothing here.

SlammedDime

I think, personally, the only mod for SMF you might ever need for SEO is the sitemap mod, primarily because of the XML feature that allows search engines easy access to all topics on the board (or the most recent 20000 or more) without forcing search engines to follow links on pages to try and find the topics.

IMO, Pretty URLs, SimpleSEF, SEO4SMF and any other URL rewriting are for decoration only and will do nothing to help SEO.  I'd say the only reason I really made SimpleSEF was to demonstrate the use of SMF's hooks system.  The latest version I am working on will make zero code changes to SMF 2.0, using the hooks for everything, including the admin panel. (Sitemap is headed to a pure hook version soon too)  It's more of a fun project than anything.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Radha

Quote from: ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ on July 24, 2010, 01:43:18 PM

can any1 plz tell me what is simpleSEF?
I have no idea abt this:(

Radha

Quote from: Afro on August 20, 2010, 05:40:05 PM
mod 1 - vBulletin Style Meta Tags
mod 2 - Additional Home page Title | S-Ace
mod 3 - Smf seo boards title[

Three fo the works well for me.
Plus of course the sitemap.

What is smf seo boards title?

Advertisement: