News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Adding "tags"...

Started by FireDitto, July 25, 2010, 06:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDitto

I'm not even sure they are called "tags", but I've been digging around and I simply can't seem to find an answer.

I've noticed that, on several forums I've been a member of at one time or another, there have been several "hot" words, which, when used, do varying things; ie:

[marysue] would link to Mary Sue's profile, with Mary Sue's name being the hot text
[boarda] would link to a "Board A" with Board A being the written text of the link.
[image23] would bring up an image

How do I go about adding these kind of things to my forum?

As I said, I've been looking around, but being unsure of what exactly they're called, naturally makes it a little difficult...

Thank you for any assistance.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

FireDitto

Ah, kind of, but I know the 1.1x forum that had them didn't have any Mods installed, and although I don't know about the RC3 forum, it doesn't look at all like that is what they are using...

They've simply got [liz] and when posted, it turns into Lizzie's Profile no follow

xenovanis

Not by default, for as far as I know. That has to be done with a modification.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CapadY

Did you have a look at censured words ? (default SMF option)

You can use it to change everything you want to everything others you want :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

FireDitto

Quote from: capady on July 25, 2010, 01:25:20 PM
Did you have a look at censured words ? (default SMF option)

You can use it to change everything you want to everything others you want :)

Bingo! Thanks a bunch, that's what was being used! =D

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

xenovanis

Curious though, since I thought of this, but your request was specifically to apply this to your users profile as well, which is for as far as I know not possible with censored words. Unless you only have a couple of users.

Was this what you were looking for?

chilly

that would require to add everything that should look like a tag to be entered into censored words and could result changing text where it should not be changed

Language Coordinator

Advertisement: