News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bolding Postbit (ONLY field titles)

Started by PurpleCrow, July 25, 2010, 07:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

I've had a go but I just cause parse errors  ::)

How do I bold the field titles in the postbit? As in where it displays "Posts: xxx" for it to be "Posts: xxx"
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Kays

Hi, can you post the line you are trying to modify.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Joker™

do this edit

go to themes\default\display.template.php

Find:
<li class="postcount">', $txt['member_postcount'], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

Replace:

<li class="postcount"><strong>', $txt['member_postcount'], '</strong>: ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

do you want the same thing in personal message's also , where user posts are shown?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Calzone

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2010, 08:22:16 AM
do this edit

go to themes\default\display.template.php

Find:
<li class="postcount">', $txt['member_postcount'], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

Replace:

<li class="postcount"><strong>', $txt['member_postcount'], '</strong>: ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

do you want the same thing in personal message's also , where user posts are shown?
No...

<li class="postcount"><strong>', $txt['member_postcount'], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '</strong></li>';

Read his question again.
Greetings
Calzone

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

PurpleCrow

Thanks guys, that edit makes it so that the entire post count line is bold but thats fine.

How would I go about bolding the entire postbit?

PS I'm a she  ;)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Calzone

Quote from: PurpleCrow on July 25, 2010, 08:28:34 AM
Thanks guys, that edit makes it so that the entire post count line is bold but thats fine.

How would I go about bolding the entire postbit?

PS I'm a she  ;)
Read my correction.
Greetings
Calzone

Joker™

purple have you tried my edit ? in it only "post" goes bold not the number
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

PurpleCrow

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2010, 08:30:02 AM
purple have you tried my edit ? in it only "post" goes bold not the number

Yeah thats what I want. Sorry, forgot to say. You read my question right ;)

How would I bold every title, including the custom profile field titles?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Joker™

i'm in a bit of hurry right now , just see how i used <strong></strong> tag . try to insert it between the text you want to bold else i'll put solution later here .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

PurpleCrow

I've managed to do this for everything except the custom fields and the karma field.

If anyone can show me how to do those I would really appreciate it :)

PS - I use the Karma Description Mod if that makes any difference :)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Matthew K.

Would you please attach your Display.template.php please? I'll do it for you
Quote from: PurpleCrow on July 26, 2010, 03:22:19 PM
I've managed to do this for everything except the custom fields and the karma field.

If anyone can show me how to do those I would really appreciate it :)

PS - I use the Karma Description Mod if that makes any difference :)

Joker™

For karma in the same file

Find:

// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?
         if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
            echo '
                        <li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';
         elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
            echo '
                        <li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' +', $message['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';

Replace:

// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?
         if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
            echo '
                        <li class="karma"><strong>', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], '</strong> ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';
         elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
            echo '
                        <li class="karma"><strong>', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], '</strong> +', $message['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';

For custom fields , i have to see the file some more .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Matthew K.

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Matthew K.

Not a problem. Is there anything else you want done or is this topic resolved?

Advertisement: