News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by Arantor, July 26, 2010, 05:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It's in Board Permissions IIRC.

Bluearrow

Sorry about been a newbie. Still can't find it

I checked in Board Permissions > Modify Boards

also in Edit Profiles.   :(

Arantor

What Board Permissions > Modify Boards page? There isn't one.

If you go to Admin > Members > Permissions > Board Permissions and then select a profile (which takes you to Edit Profiles), you will see the list of groups for that profile, inside there you will see the permissions for each group with that profile. It will be with the post-reply and post-new-topic permissions.

That's where it is, I just checked on the forum I originally wrote the mod for (since I wrote it for the SimpleDesk team in 2010 and it was since donated to Spoogs)

Bluearrow

I think that's where I checked,

Admin > members > permissions > Board Permissions > "default" profile > Regular Members > Modify  There I couldn't find Draft options under Posts or Topics.

I added a screen print,

Arantor

That's not the entire page, look a bit further down.

Bluearrow

Rest of the page,

Arantor

Curious. I see no reason why that should be the case unless the mod wasn't installed properly or some other mod broke it. Please attach your Sources/ManagePermissions.php file.

Bluearrow

I downloaded the zip few hours ago and installed in 2 forums. Both giving exactly same problem.

Arantor

You're not using this Drafts mod, you're using the other one.

I know this for a fact because the edits *this* mod makes are different to the things in your file.

Specifically, this mod adds:

// Drafts + Future Posting
$permissionList['board'] += array(
'post_draft' => array(false, 'topic', 'make_posts'),
'draft_autosave' => array(false, 'topic', 'make_posts'),
);

(since it was originally going to support future posting but I never got around to it)

But that isn't in your file. You're using the file from http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1264 - and you should ask the author of *that* mod about it.

FrizzleFried

I am using version 1.1.2... I see we are at 1.1.5... does anyone have a list of fixes/changes from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5 by chance?

Arantor

Very likely just updating the edits to make sure they work on 2.0.x current versions; it was originally written during the 2.0 RC period.

DSystem

Great mod. Still works like a charm in smf 2.0.9 ;)

Brazil Portuguese translation attached

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: DSystem on November 01, 2014, 05:30:59 PM
Great mod. Still works like a charm in smf 2.0.9 ;)

Brazil Portuguese translation attached
How did you install it on 2.0.9? Looking at the file itself for instructions on manual install? I just get "not compatible", doesn't even show the parse for manual install.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

tranhiep_116

that helpful and i finish install it  :-\ :-\

Arantor

Version emulate is a thing ;)

I should update this as and when I get time.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2014, 07:43:48 PM
Version emulate is a thing ;)

I should update this as and when I get time.
I guess that would work... but Version Emulate gives me the same error  :P

Edit: I guess I'll also take the opportunity and grab that translation as well, thanks :)

Arantor

The person who was maintaining it while I wasn't kept the version specific stuff, so I think you have to emulate 2.0.4 specifically.

Gwenwyfar

I mean, I can't install version emulator due to the same error  :laugh:

Arantor

Why do you need to install version emulation exactly?

Version emulation is built in to 2.0.

Gwenwyfar

Oh! I always thought it was a mod when I saw people talking about it, never used it or noticed it when installing. I don't really install that many mods, so most of the time I just go directly from upload to install, figured the emulate would be there if it was default.

But that worked, thanks! And thanks for the mod as well! :)

Advertisement: