News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Board Moderators

Started by Jesse James, July 26, 2010, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse James

On my forums we have set board moderators but they are unable to lock, sticky, or modify locked threads in the boards in which they are set to moderate.  Are there any permissions that need to be set as per specific mods?  If so, which ones should I modify?

I would like to add that we are using SMF 2.0 RC3, if that will help at all.  This is not a huge pressing issue but seeing as we have multiply boards that have moderators that cannot moderate, it is putting a bit of a load on us admins as we recently restarted our forums from scratch after a database (i think) failure and we are still trying to sort out all of the kinks and get everything running smoothly again.

excaliburj

In your Admin Control Panel, Members => Permissions => General Permissions. Find the line for 'Moderators' and click the link to 'Modify'.

In there, you can grant permission to lock/sticky/merge/split/move topics, to delete or edit posts other than their own, etc. And these permissions will only be in effect in boards where a given user is a Moderator.
Random Sig Line

Jesse James

ok I am looking at the groups in general permissions.  I see a "Server Moderators" group and an "unused" group.  Could it be either of these?

YogiBear

That's odd. The usual Membergroups in descending order on the list are Admin, Global Moderator, Moderator, Regular Members...

The group you want is Moderator which adds permissions to someone from the Regular Members group who has been named in the Moderator field in a specific Board under Categories & Boards.

Then as excaliburj said check/uncheck the permissions boxes of Moderator accordingly.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Jesse James

If I were to create a group and assign it the pre-defined moderator permissions, would this solve the issue?

excaliburj

I don't think so as 'Moderators' is a special group.

Right above the top of the list of groups, above the heading bar that has " Name      |   Members ...", is there a line that says something like "Permissions for Profile: ..."?
Random Sig Line

Jesse James

I see something that says "edit profiles"  but I do not see "permissions for profile"

excaliburj

OK. Well, I was wondering (rather hoped), you'd somehow gotten into something other than the default profile.

Do you see group names listed for: Guests, Regular Members, Administrator, Global Moderator ?
Random Sig Line

excaliburj

Can you try this link (for your forum, of course, replacing from the 'index.php' onward in the address bar for any forum link of yours):

index.php?action=admin;area=permissions;sa=modify;group=3

Random Sig Line

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Is this resolved? Do you require further assistance with this?

Advertisement: