News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Tab #new#new#new

Started by Grim Line, July 26, 2010, 03:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Line

I posted a picture above of the mods i have installed.

kat

kat

So... You can see it in IE and I can, too.

But, Xen can't.

Got to be IE reacting oddly to something, ay?

Something that her settings stops, yet ours don't.

Golly. Is Sherlock Holmes on the forum? This is a weirdy!

CapadY

When I have to do a wild guess: The spoiler BBC-code MOD.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

YogiBear

Does IE8 in Compatibility Mode make any difference?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Grim Line

No, Still the same YogiBear.

xenovanis

Quote from: K@ on July 26, 2010, 05:38:47 PM
But, Xen can't.

Yes, I did. Sorry for not being clear on that. I did see it on his site with IE, but on my own site on RC3 it doesn't show the #new part. (However it did remind me of how crappy the internet looks with IE  :-X)

Grim Line, have you tried capady's suggestion?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

kat

I wonder if it's always been like that, for Grim Line. Or, did this start happening after a mod install, or something.

Grim Line

Quote from: K@ on July 27, 2010, 02:47:13 PM
I wonder if it's always been like that, for Grim Line. Or, did this start happening after a mod install, or something.

I think it always showed the #new but then all of a sudden 2 more appeared. Whether it was due to the other 2 posts i don't know. IE still has this issue but Firefox does. Most users use IE though :\

xenovanis

As I said before, looking at my own site with IE doesn't show the #new#new things. Makes me wonder what will happen to the tab if there are 20 replies to the topic  :o

Honestly, I have no idea what could cause this. Would you mind setting up a testforum on the same server and see if it shows the same behaviour?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Grim Line

My forum is on a prohosting server so i would have to pay to get onto the server on another forum.

xenovanis

You can't create a directory on your existing space to install a new SMF in?

Advertisement: