News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

my project

Started by 1MileCrash, June 18, 2005, 10:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1MileCrash

I used to use phpBB, a long time ago. When i was st00pid. Anyways, there was this certain theme called DAJ_Glass...and i loved the combination of colors it used. So i wanted to try to make an SMF theme resembleing it.

This is a phpBB forum with DAJ_Glass as the default (only one i could find)- www.forfreesupport.com

my finished SMF theme, you can see at - www.pbcommunity.net

I tryed to go for the same color scheme. Did i succeed?

:P

the background didnt end up quite right, but i like it more this way.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

bloc

I only see Diplomats theme there now?

1MileCrash

sorry. I switched the default. Check back  :P

dtm.exe

Looks like you pulled it off.  Well done :).

-Dan The Man

bloc

The theme is nice in itself, buts it needs a few more tweaks to give the same effect IMHO. I am assuming the surrounding grey "border/bar" gfx is out, but .catbg and .titlebg should perhaps be same as the other theme. Right now, its a big contrast between the white and dark blue/green. A lighter grey shade - like the vb-theme - would maybe work better.

I really like the surrounding green color though, and the "glass" icons. Maybe more of them..? ;)

1MileCrash

Do you mean catbg and titlebg should be a lighter shade of gray, or the background to the forums? I think you mean background to the forums. Sounds like a good idea, ill try that out.

I think catbg and titlebg are the same color as the phpBB one, seeing that i hit print screen to get the color.

klumy

bloc

You're right - they do use dark hues..but they also use an extra light grey shade on the frontpage - above the boards. I think i meant those ones..;D - they kind of take the sting off the darker category-bars so to speak.

1MileCrash

ahh. Now i see what your talking about. What it looks like on that theme, i would have to make catbg gray, and make the top catbg a different image.

Im going to darken the forum background, to see how much better it comes out.

1MileCrash

okay, i replaced the second alternating background with #cccccc. Looks much better. Check it out. Thanks bloc!

can somebody make these images have a transparent background?

Advertisement: