Display board but let only a certain membergroup enter them

Started by J. S., July 27, 2010, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. S.

How can I let people see my board but only a certain member group enter them? I am using SMF 2.0 RC3 .

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

TheListener

Features and options

Modify board

Permissions

For example you have a teenagers only board

Use the permissions so only the members in the particular membergroup can view the board.

J. S.

Will that work for member groups? I have a special group for paying members and I want everyone else to be able to see the board index but not the topics.

Kill Em All

Brack1, that will hide the board though. The OP wants it to still be seen.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

TheListener

J. S.

OK, I have installed that plugin and set up my forum so guest can see the boars but cannot enter a topic.

Now, if they register, they can read the topic. I need to lock registered members out. Only one of the member groups should be able to read the topics (the paying ones).

How can I do that?

Is there any way to add a note that they have to become a paying member in order to be able to read the topic?

Kill Em All

That is something that I'm not to sure, you will probably get a better answer in the mod's topic though:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=256206.0

Kill Em All

Advertisement: