News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Category description like forum description

Started by Ecofish, July 28, 2010, 06:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecofish

Hey SMF,

I am working on an SMF forum and I was wondering if it possible to modify some sort of description into the categories instead of just the boards.

I realise that this request is a bit complex. I am looking to put images, text and links into the descriptions. For the record I am using a modified version of the Inferno theme from Dzinerstudio.

Thanks in advance,
eco

CapadY

If you want to know something about a third party theme just ask the theme author. He know about it the best.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Ecofish

Quote from: capady on July 28, 2010, 10:08:29 AM
If you want to know something about a third party theme just ask the theme author. He know about it the best.

That could be it, but I don't think this is a theme-specific request? I mean, can you do it in the default Curve theme?

gbsothere

Quote from: Ecofish on July 28, 2010, 06:02:33 AM
Hey SMF,

I am working on an SMF forum and I was wondering if it possible to modify some sort of description into the categories instead of just the boards.

I realise that this request is a bit complex. I am looking to put images, text and links into the descriptions. For the record I am using a modified version of the Inferno theme from Dzinerstudio.

Thanks in advance,
eco

I can tell you that I'm able to incorporate basic html into my catetory (not board) to change the color, add image.  For instance, just messing around, I have this:  (yuk)

:)

I don't know why links, etc., wouldn't work, as well. 

Since I am the king of editing my initial posts to death... *grin*....

Just go to Admin--> Boards  and click "Modify" on the category you want to change.  You can use html there to achieve what you want.  I've not tried it with BBC. 
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: