News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

google likes aeva media too much

Started by wizzard1, July 28, 2010, 07:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzard1

ok i have a board up and running for like 2 weeks and im working with google webmaster tools to see if my site is being indexed a bit
soo i checked the searchwords to see what kind of words are being used the most on the board and it seems that almost every word goes directly to my media link
this is also when i type in google site:www.mmo-cataclysm.com media (aeva) is being linked like crazy but the rest of my site is not

is this normal or can anyone take a look to see if i made any stupid mistakes

(btw i searched but not in there , i know google does things on his own , i know 2 weeks is wat too short to see something but spiders are all over my board the whole day and the media link is indexed so bloody fast :) )

rd

It might be normal, maybe you aeva pictures have correct alt text and Google likes those! If you don't want you aeva to be indexed then simply redo the permissions and allow only members to access Aeva.

Anyways, you can speed up your indexing by I stalling Sitemap and linking some high ranked sites like Stumbleupon, Digg, FB to the XML sitemap, you could also submit it to Google.

Advertisement: