Activity Reminder Message

Started by cicka, July 28, 2010, 12:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicka

Link to Mod

This is one of the options I missed a lot when converted to Smf. So I coded it for my forums and now I packaged it and upload it here too to share it with everyone else.

This will give you the oppurtunity to show a message to your inactive users with low post counts to become more active. The add on is fully configured at Admin->Panel->Modification Settings->Activity Reminder Message.
You can use html and smileys in your message. You can also choose where you want the message to show, in index page, footer or both.

MATTEK

Very useful. Thank you, again. :)
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

cicka

Afro

cicka

mirahalo

oh! nice one,  I recall someone asked for a mod to annoy users with 0 post or something, well this can be modified a bit to do just that.

cicka

Quote from: 130860 on July 28, 2010, 03:35:59 PM
oh! nice one,  I recall someone asked for a mod to annoy users with 0 post or something, well this can be modified a bit to do just that.

You can enter the post count 0 if you would like to do that. With this add on I tried to make a copy of vbulletin 's Notice manager that displays a message to users under a certain post count. It was one of the few options I really missed when I converted to Smf.

mirahalo

well, yeah, I was thinking more on a pop up or a extremely large float div, something to annoy users with 0 post, which can be easily done by modified this mod,  I just remember saw the request on the forum, let me find that post to see if the user is still interest.

the mod looks very nice as it is though,  ;)

Joker™

Surely gonna be a permanent mod on my forum ;) , thanks alot for it :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cicka

Quote from: 130860 on July 28, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
well, yeah, I was thinking more on a pop up or a extremely large float div, something to annoy users with 0 post, which can be easily done by modified this mod,  I just remember saw the request on the forum, let me find that post to see if the user is still interest.

The purpuose of this add on is not to annoy users but to remind some of them to be active if they will have the time and want to do so :)

You are welcome Joker™ and thank you for your feedback :)

Afro

Quote from: 130860 on July 28, 2010, 03:46:31 PM

There are some floating notifier mods here that does what you mean. This one is very good as it is now.
I already installed it and its working fine. It will encourage and even direct newbies on how to actually make posts.

TheListener

I do like the look of this mod.

However I do believe the mod would do better with a more appropriate name.

cicka

Quote from: Brack1 on July 28, 2010, 04:30:07 PM
I do like the look of this mod.

However I do believe the mod would do better with a more appropriate name.

Do you have any other name in mind? If you do, please post them here.

tesser

This is a mod that will be staying on my board  ;) ty

TheListener

Have installed the mod onto my test forum.

I believe the mod would be better if the admin could choose which pages to show the message on ie not on who's online, admin section etc.

TW1ST3D

Can it be modified so that the message displays if the member hasn't posted in X amount of days?
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

Drunken Clam

Hey cicka,

Great mod!  ;D

This was one of the things I missed most when I went from the 1.* series to 2.0 RC3.

I was looking at reworking the old, (abandoned), Post Count Warning mod, but now you've saved me the trouble!!

I just need to get it to display a small image as well, (like the old mod), but my brain isn't functioning too well at the moment.  ???

Thanks again and well done! ^5

DC

cicka

Quote from: TW1ST3D on July 29, 2010, 07:41:08 PM
Can it be modified so that the message displays if the member hasn't posted in X amount of days?

I am afraid that would not be possible with my mod.

cicka

Quote from: Drunken Clam on August 08, 2010, 07:45:40 AM
Hey cicka,

Great mod!  ;D

This was one of the things I missed most when I went from the 1.* series to 2.0 RC3.

I was looking at reworking the old, (abandoned), Post Count Warning mod, but now you've saved me the trouble!!

I just need to get it to display a small image as well, (like the old mod), but my brain isn't functioning too well at the moment.  ???

Thanks again and well done! ^5

DC

Thank you :)

Can you please tell me where do you want to display the image? A screenshot would be even better.

Masterd

Advertisement: