News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Errors with www

Started by f00ty, July 28, 2010, 04:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f00ty

When I access my site with www, it has errors in theme, it doesn't download pictures. But when I enter my site without www it works.

For example www.hipit.fi <- errors
hipit.fi <- fine

What's the problem?

xenovanis

Since the default theme shows fine..

Make sure the path and url settings for this theme are correct in Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings

(Settings for a custom theme won't be corrected by using repair_settings)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

f00ty

Yes, these are right. The paths are correct.

Could the error be connected to the fact that for example image:
Deleted.

Should they be without http?

kat

Quote from: xenovanis on July 28, 2010, 04:56:29 PM
Since the default theme shows fine..

OO! I hadn't thought of checking that!

* K@ slaps himself about, a bit...

Yep. Theme paths.

Check the default theme's paths and make the custom theme's paths the same, except for the actual theme directory, at the end.

f00ty

I didn't get it, but the paths are:

Default:
Deleted.

Bright Forest:
Deleted.

kat

Using FTP, can you check that all the theme's images are actually there and that they're read-enabled?

They'll be in the theme's images directory and/or it's sub-directories.

f00ty

Yes, they all are read-enabled (Deleted.). They are all there, because if I empty browser cache and go to http://hipit.fi, it shows everything right. And I checked with ftp, they really are there.

xenovanis

Try folders 755 and files 644.

Also, do you have cache enabled on your forum? You might want to try clearing the cache in Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

f00ty

I have Cache level 1 on. I emptied the cache. Deleted. Same thing -> www.hipit.fi

xenovanis

For some reason it works for me now.  :) At least the images on boardindex and messageindex show fine, with or without www.

f00ty

If you haven't emptied the cache, it will work. Try this -> empty browser cache and put www.hipit.fi to your address bar. Now you see lot's of yellow signs in there. Now click some link in the page (it goes to address without www), and every sign disappear. Now it works, even you put www in your address bar.

So, I guess it doesn't work when you empty the cache :/

xenovanis

Yes, I see it now. Can you try this?

In Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions
-> Disable local storage of cookies
-> Enable subdomain independent cookies

f00ty

Enable local storage of cookies
(SSI won't work well with this on.) <- this has not mark on it
Use subdomain independent cookies
(turn off local cookies first!) <- this has mark on it

I didn't edit anything.

xenovanis

I'm not sure then. How is this domain setup? Do you have a redirection setup?

f00ty

Well, I was first contacting to my host, but I wasn't sure where is the problem, so I asked here help first. Now I contact to my host and see what they say.

xenovanis

All right, let us know what they say  ;)

f00ty

They said that it's common to have this kind of errors, and they redirected www to http. So, yeah. :) I was thinking could there be some else solution, because I was intrested, but this is very good as it is now.

xenovanis

Haha, that would have been my next suggestion. Glad it's solved  :)

Advertisement: