Adding a new tab / menu to my SMF 2.0 RC3 forums.

Started by John12339, July 29, 2010, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John12339

Hi guys,

I know this might look easy but it's hard for me lol, I want to add a menu / tab to my smf forums.. I have also attached my sub.php so it will be easier for you guys to look at.., All I want added is Chat on the menu...

Need more info? please tell me..!

CapadY

And what is the url where the chat should be found ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

CapadY

CapadY

Give it a try with this subs.php file :)

chat button is not availeble for guests.

YogiBear

If it's just the one tab you want to add take a look in the smf mod section for Deprecated's 'Custom Tab' mod.

Edit : there is also a 'Chat' tab mod somewhere over there.  :)

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

John12339

Guys, my whole forum went :(, it says QureyString.php stuff, it's not what I  put from your attachment, it's something I done and happened :(

pokemonpoison.co.cc/forums

Can you help me again?, all I did was check something on the tips and tricks to re-name my index.php to something else but it didn't work so I put it back and now its all gone :(

cicka

Quote from: John12339 on July 29, 2010, 06:31:26 AM
Guys, my whole forum went :(, it says QureyString.php stuff, it's not what I  put from your attachment, it's something I done and happened :(

pokemonpoison.co.cc/forums

Can you help me again?, all I did was check something on the tips and tricks to re-name my index.php to something else but it didn't work so I put it back and now its all gone :(

What was the exact change you made to your forum? Please give as mush detail as possible and do not be vague like above.

John12339

Well I read a topic saying that you can rename index.php ( http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58439.0 ), which  I did, I also did exactly what he said but it didn't work so I put everything to normal ( same as it started ) and then it didn't work all the forums stopped working: pokemonpoison.co.cc/forums [nofollow]

cicka

Quote from: John12339 on July 29, 2010, 06:51:11 AM
Well I read a topic saying that you can rename index.php ( http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58439.0 ), which  I did, I also did exactly what he said but it didn't work so I put everything to normal ( same as it started ) and then it didn't work all the forums stopped working: pokemonpoison.co.cc/forums

Did you undo the changes in reverse exactly?

Can you replace the QueryString.php file with a file from the smf install or upgrade package of your version and see if that would help? If you have mods that have edited that file, you will have to readd the edits again though.

John12339

Thanks so much Cicka and others for all the help you have given me!! you all rock!

CapadY

Is it solved now ?

Please feel free to hit the "solved" button in the left lower corner of this page.

cicka

Quote from: John12339 on July 29, 2010, 07:02:24 AM
Thanks so much Cicka and others for all the help you have given me!! you all rock!

You are welcome. Happy to be of help :)

Advertisement: