News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images in SMF

Started by coolguy, July 29, 2010, 11:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolguy

I am using SMF 2.0 with a theme Argendum. How can i add images to the posts which are directly stored in my website not on other hosts. I do not want to post images by entering the URL for the image. I mean it should be like the picures in hxxp:forum.santabanta.com [nonactive]

I hope that you understand what i want?

Any suggestion please?

Kill Em All

How do you expect to get the pictures from another site, or even your own in the post without using the URL? What you are asking for is impossible.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

coolguy

I am not saying that the pictures can be posted without url.
I just want to know about any mod which can upload it to my own website.

Kill Em All

No there is nothing that will do this, although I can see the benefit to it, it probably doesn't exist to prevent copyright problems from people who copyright the image or people who created the image.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

kat

Doesn't attaching the images achieve that?

Even better, with the "Highslide" mod.

Kill Em All

I'm not sure if highslide is what he is exactly looking for. Although I could be wrong. And yeah, attaching images would work too.

coolguy

Thanks a lot friends for your replies.
Will try to use Highslide.

assad75

You can attach the image in the post to copy it to your hosting site.That is the only way.

coolguy

Yes, I have just started using attachments for images and their thumbnails. Thanks for your advices.

rd

Get Aeva Media.

Upload pictures to it and then use the BBcode that it provides to show the pictures anywhere in the post.

Advertisement: