User fields - requred/not, auto settings on register, show profile after reg?

Started by frozenas, July 30, 2010, 08:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenas

Hi everyone. I would like to set settings for users, after they register. I can do that in php files, database, configuration, i don't care, but i want to do that and don't know how. Automatic settings like is that enabled, is that disabled... To be exat, the most important thing to do for me is to make them turn on automatic notifications of PM messanges, since i send them PM after registration, so they could instantly read the important information.

Another quesiton is how to show them profile, so they can edit it immediate after registration OR insert those fields (for example steam) to the registration, so they can fill it in?

And one more question is how to make or unmake some fields required/not required? It's not in the configuration. Database? Files?

Please answer, thank you!!

CapadY

At registration some fields are required, others are not. When you use userfields you can decide by yourself if they should be required or not.

About the PM settings, this can be done via the membergroup permissions.

Automatic notifications of PM messages, I'm not completely sure, can be done via the theme settings. At least it is a setting somwhere in the configuration panel.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

frozenas

Yup, found it in theme's settings.

As for the fields, i meant plugin fields. But i thought now, that this would be plugin's support.

Thanks for your answer.

CapadY

I don't know whta you mean by plugin fields but I think the user fields.

When you go to Admin - Configuration - Core features
you can enable the Advanced Profile Fields.

Then go to Admin - Configuration - Features and Options - Profile Fields and you will able to add your own profile fields. You can also give up if the fields should be provided at registration
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

frozenas

Yup, already did that. What i meant was, that i would like to add fields, which were added by plugins. For example Steam field, Skype. Tese you cannot add trough there. :/

Kill Em All

He meant mods capady.

frozenas, do you need any further assistance with this? You would most likely edit the Register.template.php in the Themes and Register.php in the Sources.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: