how to add home page

Started by tesser, July 30, 2010, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesser

i have tinyportal installed  and is my home page  but i want to delete tinyportal and use my own

so i have made my own homepage  and after so many seconds it redirects to my site  ;D using firefox

now the thing is if i upload my htlm page to my database  how do i get my forum url to link to my new homepage ?

or how do i get my home page  to link to smf

smf version 2.0 RC3

cicka

Quote from: tesser on July 30, 2010, 12:21:43 PM
i have tinyportal installed  and is my home page  but i want to delete tinyportal and use my own

so i have made my own homepage  and after so many seconds it redirects to my site  ;D using firefox

now the thing is if i upload my htlm page to my database  how do i get my forum url to link to my new homepage ?

or how do i get my home page  to link to smf

smf version 2.0 RC3

You do not need to upload the html page at the database but upload it at the root and add there the link to your forum by using a href like this

<a href = "forumlink">Forum</a>

And replace the link and description with your own.

To add a link to the Homepage at your forum, you can do that at the Subs.php file.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=261880.0

Or you can use one o the custom tabs mods too in the mod site.

tesser

i think you missunderstood

i want my forum url to go to my own webpage  after so many seconds they will be redirected to my forum

i have made the page  and it works i just need to know how to make my url point to it  i now have deleted tinyportal

xenovanis

I'm not sure it's even possible to redirect from your forum url to your webpage url and back again to your forumurl. If I understand correctly.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tesser

I have now done it  i have my site on one host  and  i have another  host and just made a index.php file and uploaded that  to the second host (paid hosting)  but there is plenty of free hosts this can be done on

it can  redirect them after a set time or they visitors can click a button for options

Advertisement: