News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Internet Explorer issues with BBCode

Started by fionax, July 30, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionax

Alright, so last night I received a couple of complaints on my forum about the BBCode buttons in the Posting screen suddenly disappearing. They had worked before and suddenly stopped showing up. I checked with Opera, Chrome, Firefox and IE and only IE has the issues. I would attribute it to an IE bug, except that they worked before.

I am using SMF 2.0 RC3

Here are the packages I have installed:

Subaccounts
Simpleportal
Tagging System
Bakers Dozen
Custom Profile Fields
Current Signature Mod
PM to New Members
Tidy Child Boards
Custom Form Mod

I had also installed the Float BBCode mod, which we suspected at first, but when we uninstalled it, the situation was not fixed.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Forum: www.absitomen.com [nofollow]
Version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Theme: Darkbreak
Host: Bluehost

Kill Em All

When you uninstalled it, make sure that all the necessary file edits were made(follow these directions oppositely)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=2305;attach=150922;smf_version=2.0_RC3

Also pay attention to "File Operations". Make sure those were deleted. Also if you are using a custom theme, do the same thing for it as the default.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

fionax

I will definitely look into that and make sure that it is erased.

My question is, however, are we sure that mod is the cause? I mean, has anyone else had this issue before? I just want to make sure that it isnt some other issue... because if I can keep the float mod, I want to.

Kill Em All

Well it might be. Considering that it started happening after it was installed.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

fionax

Er... well I installed like 5 mods around that time... so it could have been one of those as well. :S The BBCode one is the only one that made sense tho... since the only thing effected is the BBCode section of the Post.

I will see about uninstalling them and seeing if that fixes it :/

YogiBear

Does this also happen with IE8 in Compatability Mode?

Just curious : which version of the float mod are you using as there are two distinct versions on the mod site.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

fionax

Kill Em All

Have you tried IE compatibility mode as YogiBear suggested?

Advertisement: