Started by MordyT, July 31, 2010, 01:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MordyT

Sure!
1.     Treasury      2.06 
2.    SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum    1.0 Felidae
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

Kill Em All

I have been playing with SD standalone and SMF and can't seem to reproduce the problem, which guest permissions is it ignoring?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MordyT

Pick any. I also am unable to reproduce it, until I started trying to install a bridge from wordpress. If you want, I  can make a video.

Kill Em All

Well then its a problem with the bridge... you are going to have to ask the bridge author... SD incorporates different permission settings that the bridge doesn't know how to follow.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MordyT

Ah, but I removed the bridge. Shouldn't it revert to SMF's settings?

Oya

um

simpledesk in standalone mode shuts down the forum and just has the helpdesk part and should be overriding permissions to itself and since it doesnt seem to have any support for guests its likely it just bars access

if u need more support u might try their forum at simpledesk.net

MordyT

Ok, I will try to be ultra clear...

1) If you install simpledesk and treasury on a clean SMF 2.0RC3 forum, then set the permissions to allow viewing of Treasury/SimpleDesk by Guests, it works. Everytime.
1.a) Remember to set the permissions in guest to allow viewing.

2) If you then proceed to install a bridge (listed above), you will find that pages that worked with guests no longer work. They require a login, despite the fact that right before you tried to install a bridge, they did not.

3) If you uninstall the bridge, the pages STILL require a login. Why? I don't know. You can change the permissions, you can uninstall SimpleDesk, you can turn it from standalone-->forum mode, they still require a login. The very same pages that did not before.

Therefore, it seems like there is some file/field in the database (yes, I know permissions are stored in the DB) that gets set with the bridge and does not seem to revert.

Let me know if there is any questions.

Kill Em All

I have not played around with any WP bridge, but does it make any database edits to the SMF database?

MordyT

I will look into that an get back to you in the next 24-48 hours.

Kill Em All

I personally doubt it does, but I can't be to sure about that...

Advertisement: