News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Admin Panel Menus

Started by IceXaos, July 31, 2010, 10:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

Is there a way I can get rid of this?  I didn't get errors uninstalling the chat mod, but it failed to remove 2 menus from the ACP.  It was the Integrated Chat Mod v26.

2.0 RC3

Masterd

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Do NOT reinstall the mod, you could have duplicates in managesettings.php and admin.php if you do that.

This could cause more trouble than you could deal with..

I'm checking the mod now.. to see what you need to remove, attach those files, their in ./Sources

EDIT:
The mod is for SMF 1.1.11 that's why its not working right

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I think it is caused by language settings. It happens to me once in a while. And yes, better check the modified files.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 31, 2010, 12:37:07 PM
I think it is caused by language settings. It happens to me once in a while. And yes, better check the modified files.

Just checked the mod, its not for SMF2, its for SMF1, that's got to be the issue.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Lol... no wonder. Wrong version of mod.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I was about to compare which files actually exist for this mod to work in SMF2, but nothing related to the admin area in SMF 2 actually exists in this mod

How is that their?, it has to be something else, as much as anyone can assume its that mod, it cannot be, as it does not make any changes to Admin.php or ManageSettings.php

@ IceXaos
I believe (after viewing the mod) its not that mod causing the issue, so..

Step 1: Clear the forum cache, see if that changes anything. If not..

Step 2: Attach your Admin.php and ManageSettings.php files so we can see what is supposed to be in that spot.

SMF 2.0 RC5

He could be referring to another mod though. May be AjaxChat @ http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319 and not the mentioned mod. The related menu fields are 6 too. I dont think it is even possible for Integrated Chat Mod to be installed on SMF 2.0 RC3 forum, unless I was wrong.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 31, 2010, 02:23:07 PM
He could be referring to another mod though. May be AjaxChat @ http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319 and not the mentioned mod. The related menu fields are 6 too. I dont think it is even possible for Integrated Chat Mod to be installed on SMF 2.0 RC3 forum, unless I was wrong.

They saw 1.1 RC3 and got confused I believe, I do believe this is irrelevant however since modsettings.php does not exist in SMF 2RC3. it was specific to the version which also matched up, unfortunately they installed a SMF 1 mod on a SMF 2 forum and only got partial edits, however, the problem described cannot be caused by installing a SMF 1.x mod.

We'll just have to wait and see whats in those files when they attach them...

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

You're completely right, I installed a 1.1 mod, dammit.  It worked though, I just gotta get rid of the menu.

I thought when you tried to install a mod like that, it would warn you.  =S

Just a slight misreading, I guess I'll manually remove it.

Thanks guys.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: IceXaos on July 31, 2010, 03:17:06 PM
You're completely right, I installed a 1.1 mod, dammit.  It worked though, I just gotta get rid of the menu.

I thought when you tried to install a mod like that, it would warn you.  =S

Just a slight misreading, I guess I'll manually remove it.

Thanks guys.

However, we believe that its not that mod causing the issue, but yes, clean out those edits then post back.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: