Profile Template Parse Error

Started by Celia N. Foster, July 31, 2010, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celia N. Foster

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/Profile.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/default/Profile.template.php on line 130

121:       echo '
122:             <dt>', $txt['profile_posts'], ': </dt>
123:             <dd>', $context['member']['posts'], ' (', $context['member']['posts_per_day'], ' ', $txt['posts_per_day'], ')</dd>';
124:
125:    echo '
126:             <dt>', $txt['profile_topics_started'], ': </dt>
127:             <dd>', $context['member']['topics'], ' ('. $context['member']['topics_per_day'], ' ', $txt['posts_per_day'], ')</dd>
128:             <dt>', $txt['profile_topics_participated'], ': </dt>
129:

130:    // Only show the email address fully if it's not hidden - and we reveal the email.

131:    if ($context['member']['show_email'] == 'yes')
132:       echo '
133:             <dt>', $txt['email'], ': </dt>
134:             <dd><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=emailuser;sa=email;uid=', $context['member']['id'], '">', $context['member']['email'], '</a></dd>';
---------------

How do I fix this? I am running 2.0 RC3.

kat

Did you install anything, prior to this happening?

Celia N. Foster

I installed the Topic Count in Profile mod.

kat

Please tell me that you took a backup, first...

Celia N. Foster

No...does this mean there is now a big uh-oh, like, I have to start all over again?

Masterd

Try manuall uninstallation of that mod.

kat

Nope.

I have a much better way.

Gimme a minute...

Celia N. Foster

I uninstalled the Topic Count in Profile Mod.

kat

Using your FTP program, look inside your Packages directory.

In there, you'll see another, named "Backups".

In there, you'll fine a file named "2010-07-31_before_Topic_Count_in_Profile.tar.gz

Or similar.

Download that file, dearchive it, then upload everything, there, to your site, overwriting what's there, now.

It'll put your forum back to as it was, before you installed the mod.

NOTE: This will only work, 100%, if that was the very last mod that you installed.

Good job SMF takes backups, innit? ;)

Next time, before you add ANY mods... BACKUP! :)

kat

Celia N. Foster

It was indeed that mod that was causing the problem. Do you know why it does this?

Masterd

Compare the code so you can find errors.

kat

Odd that the error's "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/default/Profile.template.php on line 130"

when all line 130 is, is // Only show the email address fully if it's not hidden - and we reveal the email.

Parse error in a REM statement?

Celia N. Foster

kat

If you have a look on that mod's download page, you'll see "Support and comments for this mod".

Clicking that will take you to... you guessed it, the mod's support topic.

You could post, there, with a link to this, if it'd help.

Celia N. Foster

Now it just got much worse. When anyone tries to register, this is the error they get:

Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

-------------------
What do I need to do now???

gbsothere

Quote from: Celia N. Foster on August 02, 2010, 07:24:25 PM
Now it just got much worse. When anyone tries to register, this is the error they get:

Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

-------------------
What do I need to do now???

If you attach your Profile.template.php and give me a list of all your mods, I'll try to clean it up for you.

:)

Also, please list your current errors from your forum's log.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Celia N. Foster

Okay, going to do that right now.

gbsothere

I have your PM, Celia; I'm just studying the errors.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Celia N. Foster

Here's my profile template, attatched.

Advertisement: