News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

User related variables

Started by J. S., August 01, 2010, 03:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. S.

Hi there!

I need a php code to find out which users group is a member part of and to identify if they are inside of a specific board.

Here's what I am trying to accomplish. I have a specific board where I want only  a specific members group to have access. Still, on the index page of my forum, I want to display that board.

So, what I need is this: check if the current page is part of that specific board (posts list or a post itself), if yes, then check if the user is part of that specific user group, if he is, display the content, if he is not, redirect to a specific page. I can code the stuff, I only need to know the variables that returns the usergroup and I need a way to check if the user is in a sub-page of a specific board.

I wrote a lot.. I hope I was clear enough. :)

Thanks.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

J. S.

Thanks Joker. Looks interesting but it is not for my current version of SMF. I have SMF 2.0 RC3. I will change the version in the mod and see if it is working, if not.. I can read the code, maybe it helps me.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Joker™

when your issue get resolved with it , mark the topic solved :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

J. S.

Why? I checked the source code of the mod and it is clean. It is working OK. Official or not, I do not care as long it is safe and working.

Joker™

Quote from: capady on August 01, 2010, 04:53:03 AM
You are real funny :s
a joker should be funny ;D

QuoteShouldn's this guy have to wait for an official aproved MOD ?
He made the reply in mod thread as mod author was not updating the mod.So it's between him and author whether to keep those files attached there or not.

I've not giving any such link in which the attachment is under review of smf mod review team , and has to get approved yet :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: