News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attach Larger Files

Started by random robot, August 02, 2010, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random robot

1st off, I'm a newb. Now that that's out of the way...   What's the best way to attach larger files? I'm trying to use part of my site for song writting collaboration so we're moving large files (over 100mb) and can't seem to get them uploaded. I've tried zip files but can't get those files to load either. So I'll take any help on that subject. My other thing that kind of bugs me is that at the top of each reply to a thread I get the (Re: topic thread). Anyway to lose that?
Thanks in advance
Tyler 

YogiBear

Wecome to SMF, random robot.

Admin > Forum > Attachments & Avatars > Attachment Settings > adjust Max attachment size per post, etc..

Don't know about the second query though.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

random robot

Thanks. I've already set max size to "0 kb" which give me no limits but is there a limit or is it really unlimited? What I'm getting when attaching larger files is almost like I'm losing connection although I'm not.
Part 2 of my question isn't nearly as important to me as being able to move larger files so no worries there. Thanks for the quick response.

xenovanis

Everything has a limit  ;) In this case it's probably the serverconfiguration.

Can you post a phpinfo please?

What is phpinfo.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

random robot

I'll try that when I get home today. Just didn't want you to think I was trolling. I really do need help, just can't access the information from work. Thanks again.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Your host might have set maximum upload limit. That would be what causing problem. From the phpinfo, we should be able to find out your hosts settings. If you have done the attachments setting as mentioned by YogiBear, then I would point at the host. Although it could be a bug aswell, so I'd rather wait until you provide us with phpinfo.

Advertisement: