News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Message Pop-up alret.

Started by John12339, August 03, 2010, 02:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John12339

Hey,

When ever I log-in to my forums.. it says I have a message ( sometimes ).. but It also says in a pop-up ' would you like to open up a new page and view your PM's '... can you help me?.. I want to change what it says... any info needed please ask.

John.

TheListener

xenovanis

Profile -> Personal Messaging -> Show a popup when I receive new messages -> uncheck
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

excaliburj

Quote from: John12339 on August 03, 2010, 02:16:52 PM
When ever I log-in to my forums.. it says I have a message ( sometimes ).. but It also says in a pop-up ' would you like to open up a new page and view your PM's '... can you help me?.. I want to change what it says... any info needed please ask.

Go to your Themes/default/languages/index.english.php file:
$txt['show_personal_messages'] = 'You have received one or more new personal messages.\\nView them now (in a new window)?';

(note the escaped backslash for the newline).
Random Sig Line

xenovanis

Quote from: John12339 on August 03, 2010, 02:16:52 PM

Oops.. time for bed ;D
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

John12339

CapadY

after editing tekst strings always clear the forum cache.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

John12339

It says: Template Parse Error, and now I can't access my forums.. can you help again?

CapadY

a template parse eror means there is something wrong in one of your templates.

With the information you have given till now it's impossible to tell you which template it is.
It can also be you,ve made a mistake in the textstring yoy've editted, there shouldnt be single quotes somewhere in the string hisself unless you use an escape character. (\)

excaliburj

If you've changed that line in index.english.php, please copy the new one here (put it in [ code ] [ /code ] tags).
Random Sig Line

John12339

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /cache/lang_index+Modifications_english_Anecdota203.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

xenovanis

Please post the code you used.

Also, remove all files from the /forum/cache directory, except index.php and .htaccess.

John12339

I don't know what you mean.. i guess is ok.. i am going to re-install it and swap to phpbb forums.. i hear it has less problems.. i already had about 6 problems with smf..

xenovanis

Well, I hope it has less problems for you. Unfortunately, your problems with SMF may be small but inconvenient, we also can't really give proper support if you can't explain the problems you're experiencing or answer the questions we ask.

You have modified something and a template parse error occured. All we want to know is what you have modified. We can't see that and we're not mindreaders  ;)

CapadY

The fun is, at PHPbb you have to make all MOD's manualy,, with a lot more changes to make a mistake :)

Good luck.

John12339

you don't you can get them from a site

Kill Em All

Best of luck to you at phpbb.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: