News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Post count?

Started by dmxsta, August 03, 2010, 10:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmxsta

Hey guys, I have just recently started to use SMF and I love it but I was wondering if you guys can help me because normally your post count shows next to you're name but on my site it doesen't. If you want to take a look my site is: logical-evolution.co.uk [nofollow].
Thanks alot guys.

Joker™

Quote from: dmxsta on August 03, 2010, 10:45:46 PM
Hey guys, I have just recently started to use SMF and I love it but I was wondering if you guys can help me because normally your post count shows next to you're name but on my site it doesen't. If you want to take a look my site is: logical-evolution.co.uk.
Thanks alot guys.
Where in posts , profile , as i've never seen post count next to name .Can you point to specific region .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

dmxsta

Like you see under your profile picture in this thread it tells you you're post count, in mine it dosent.

Joker™

attach this file here

themes\default\Display.template.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

cicka

It looks like you are missing that part that adds the posts number from the file mentioned above. You can add it manually.

// Show how many posts they have made.
if (!isset($context['disabled_fields']['posts']))
echo '
<li class="postcount">', $txt['member_postcount'], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

After this code

// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<li class="avatar" style="overflow: auto;">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $message['member']['id'], '">
', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '
</a>
</li>';

dmxsta

Quote from: cicka on August 04, 2010, 07:54:33 AM
It looks like you are missing that part that adds the posts number from the file mentioned above. You can add it manually.

// Show how many posts they have made.
if (!isset($context['disabled_fields']['posts']))
echo '
<li class="postcount">', $txt['member_postcount'], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '</li>';

After this code

// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<li class="avatar" style="overflow: auto;">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $message['member']['id'], '">
', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '
</a>
</li>';

I done that but its still not working?
thanks

Joker™

Just a thought

Administration Center »  Features and Options » Profile Fields ( go here and check " Posts " should be enable , i.e ticked )

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: