News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How can the admin attach files in smf directory or server to topics?

Started by tintumon, August 07, 2010, 10:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintumon

Hi,

I'm fairly new to SMF....

I have this doubt.... How can the admin attach files from his server to his topics/posts?

Is there any mod that does the same?

After attaching, the visitors must be able to download the file by clicking it...... :)

Thanks in advance.....

Masterd

Drunken Clam

This mod: Download System, may do what you want.

Hope that helps!

(If not, post back and I'll tell you how I do it!  ;) )

Masterd

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Masterd on August 07, 2010, 12:21:43 PM
Yes, but with this mod you can't attach files to posts.

Maybe not, but there are other ways of doing it.

I merely suggested, as he/she is fairly new to SMF, that the mod may do what he wants.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: tintumon on August 07, 2010, 10:25:46 AM
Hi,

I'm fairly new to SMF....

I have this doubt.... How can the admin attach files from his server to his topics/posts?

Is there any mod that does the same?

After attaching, the visitors must be able to download the file by clicking it...... :)

Thanks in advance.....
Just attached as a direct link to that file download link from that server url. E.g. Simple Image Upload Clicking this link will download the mod directly and I just used insert hyperlink BBC (default) with direct link to that file download link. It's really simple I'd say.

Kill Em All

Thats what I was thinking ahrasis. or they can put it in FTP and use the FTP BBC.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tintumon

Thanks for all the replies guys.... :)

Direct is surely a way of solving my query.. but i need to attach quite a few files to my topics, making direct linking the difficult choice, also link resolving takes more time..... :(

I was actually thinking about the wap sites where you just need to upload the files via ftp and the files will be listed under the categories....

SMF is WAP capable by default.... so maybe someone will come up with a mod to do it like ordinary wap sites.... :D

Just saw the download system pro.... does what I want.... Let me see if the free version is also capable.... :)

Kill Em All

You can always try the mod requests area. Although it is unlikely to get done, but you never know.

Hopefully its what you want.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: tintumon on August 08, 2010, 02:03:50 AM
Just saw the download system pro.... does what I want.... Let me see if the free version is also capable.... :)
And do update if you have solve this.

Masterd

Quote from: tintumon on August 08, 2010, 02:03:50 AM

Free version is also very powerful.

Deaks

tintumon, as you have not provided an update if this is solved or not I am marking it as solved if this is incorrect please inform us and let us know what progress you have made
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: