News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick Q.

Started by Kibbles, August 07, 2010, 07:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibbles

A quick question if you all wouldn't mind. I was wondering which vars I would have to use to list 1 staff rank group, I know I have to use regular groups but i'm not entirely sure on how to do that. What I was planing to do is list 1 groups rank on a table, I don't want to use foreach to list every special group, just 1.

Also if you wouldn't mind, I wanted to develop a mod where as a staff member would lock the topic, and on the first page of the topic it shows something like : "Topic has been locked by - [User that locked it here]". As you can see i'm not to familiar with the smf system and its vars and functions, however I know MySQL and PHP. I just need to know my surrondings is all. Though so far I know about making mods ect....and I know my way around smf, well the minor parts.  :-\

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

For the group rank, is this what you are looking for? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1077

For the "Topic has been locked by - [User that locked it here]", check the logs? It is only accessible to the users with specific permissions. So if you want to view it alone, you should deny the permissions to view logs for your other member groups.

Advertisement: