News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

easy topic title editing, without opening topic

Started by sharks, August 08, 2010, 04:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharks

In SMF 2.0 RC3, when viewing the topics list in any board, when i double-click next to a topic, it is not directly editable. That feature exists and works very well in SMF 1.1.11, so why remove it??

Ashley S

kat

What about clicking on the little icon over there?--------------------------------------->

EDIT: OOPS! Cancel that... "Topic list". I missed that bit. Sorryyyyyyyyyyyy!

EDIT2: Odd... Although there's no icon there, you CAN double-click to edit the title, in the same place.

Odd, huh?

sharks

Hi K@

I am not talking about the editing while viewing the topic itself. I am referring to the topics list, like when viewing a board, for example:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0

Now, as an admin on my SMF 2.0 RC3 forum, i double-click on any one of the topic title from the list of topics and nothing happens. On SMF 1.1.11, i can edit it directly. Yeah, i guess it's a bug indeed.

kat

Yeah, I realised, eventually.

As I said, that function IS there. I just did it. (Click to the far-right)

There's no icon, though.

Is that weird, or what?

I've mentioned it to the devs.  :)

sharks

I don't know what you mean by "far-right" as i tried clicking everywhere on the right, from the topic title end to the far right of the page and... absolutely nothing!
I don't see any icon, maybe because i don't have the permissions to do that on this forum.

EDIT: By the way, that icon in the fast-right, while viewing the topics list, only points to the last post in that topic. It has nothing to do with quick editing the topic title. I think the Curve theme might need some debugging. ;)

kat

Just under the "Pin" graphic, for stickied topics.

It works, here, for definite.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Yeah, I can see such function only when moving a topic. May be it can be made mod (if there isn't any by default).

kat

I cant see that nor click that at all. Is there any settings to enable that?

kat

It'll only work, for you, on boards that you have permission to edit, obviously.

Still dont get it. I'll try it again another time.

Joker™

it works perfectly fine. My suggestion , make a test forum install fresh RC3 and try on it :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Deaks

sharks do any of the suggestions posted above help?

if not please can you let us know, until you do I have marked this as solved.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: