News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Missing features...

Started by tRu3_sKiTz0, August 08, 2010, 09:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tRu3_sKiTz0

Hey all! First off I wanna thank everyone who has helped me out with my issues thus far.

My current issue is the fact that for whatever reason, I cannot see the last two packages that I installed. One is "topic solved" and the other one is "2-SI Chat".

I posted in the support thread for topic solved and we can't figure it out. Then I went and installed 2-si chat and it did the same thing.

With the chat, I get the options but don't have the bar anywhere. And with topic solved, I don't see any options, nor do I see the feature anywhere in posts at all.

I have not gotten any errors when installing what-so-ever. If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be grateful. I am using 2.0rc3 and a version of curve that I have modified myself(mainly just colors and buttons).

kat

You'll only see mods, if you use the SMF default theme.

Custom themes have to be edited, manually.

Details can be found in the parser, which appears on the mod's page, just below the download ink.

tRu3_sKiTz0

I understand that and I am using the default theme. It was the default theme that I customized. I will try uninstalling and then installing on all themes because I only use the one so let's see what happens.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay I just uninstalled and reinstalled "Topic Solved" on all themes and it still is not there. Please keep in mind that this is not about "Topic Solved". 2-si chat still doesn't show either.

Is there a maximum number of mods that can be installed at any time? I just don't understand what is preventing these mods from working. All I changed in the default curve theme are colors, images and buttons.

kat

I guess it depends what modifications you've made to the theme.

Also, there have been quite a few posts, of late, where the packages seem to have installed, but nothing's showing. Which is what you're saying, basically, innit?

Have a look through some of those topics. They may be pertinent to your hassles, too.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay I've gone through some of the posts that you mentioned. I even found one in which you posted some links. In all honesty, I don't believe that my problem is the same. I have been checking the files one by one and so far ALL of the edits have been made. So now here I am again, totally bewildered. I will keep going through these files but like I said, the mods appear to have been installed correctly, I just can't see them on my forum.

kat

Just to check it out...

From what you've said, I doubt it IS this, but it's worth checking, just to eliminate it.

What if...

Uninstall the mods. Take a backup of your modified default theme, then upload a virgin copy of the theme, from the SMF install archive?

If you, then, install the mods and they show, you'll know where the problem lies, at least.

tRu3_sKiTz0

yeah I will try that. As you said just to cover all possibilities.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay, I went through and did what you said, also I tried installing it on all other themes and still nothing. This is a total mind bender. I just uninstalled it and also uninstalled 2-SI Chat. I would really like to get these mods installed as they would add a couple very useful features. If ANYONE has anything to suggest, please do so. Thanks in advance.

kat

Weirdness.

You're not hosted by Godaddy, by any chance?

Thinking on this, I have a small idea.

It may be relevant, but it may not.

Do you have FULL ownership of the files on your site?

If you're not sure what I mean, you host will confirm, or not.

tRu3_sKiTz0

I read something along those lines. I will contact my host tomorrow to find out for sure.

Kill Em All

tRu3_sKiTz0, did you get a chance to contact your host about this, if so, what did they say?

Take a look at this topic too:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: