Making admins and mods unranked by post count based groups

Started by Sam Spectre, August 09, 2010, 12:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Spectre

Hello!

I'm currently setting up my forums with SMF and I have to say, very impressed! I'm having a bit of a problem though while managing member groups. I want my Moderators and Administrator to not be affected by post count based groups. For example, the moderators and administrators on my forums have the "newbie" tag beneath their "Administrator" and "Moderator" title.  How can I stop this from happening?

KensonPlays

Joker™

what Kcmartz has posted , will hide the post group ranks for everyone.To make it work in the way how OP is asking for

Go to themes\default\Display.template.php

Find:
// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')

Replace it with:
// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '' && !$context['can_moderate_forum'])

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 09, 2010, 01:01:06 AM
For admin:
As an administrator,  can I hide my "newbie" status?

For moderator:
I don't know.

Read, it might work for moderators!
Yeah. It could work for moderators (all staff) as well.

Sam Spectre

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 09, 2010, 01:01:06 AM
For admin:
As an administrator,  can I hide my "newbie" status?

For moderator:
I don't know.

Read, it might work for moderators!

Read over the information there and couldn't quite solve the problem. Just showed me how to edit the name of usergroups but I already knew that.

Quote from: Joker™ on August 09, 2010, 01:50:18 AM
what Kcmartz has posted , will hide the post group ranks for hxxp:everyone.to [nonactive] make it work in the way how OP is asking for

Go to themes\default\Display.template.php

Find:
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')

Replace it with:
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '' && !$context['can_moderate_forum'])

I don't think it worked. All it did was remove the post count group title from every user, not just moderators and admins.

Joker™

yeah i just tested it, it's a crappy code :p .for now you can do what Kcmartz has suggested.

Administration Center (Administration Center > Current theme) and check the Hide post group titles for grouped members? box.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Kill Em All

Sam Spectre, did KCmartz suggestion help? Reading your post, it sounds like its exactly what you want.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: