wonderin´what is best

Started by lrodri7418, August 09, 2010, 04:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrodri7418

Hi, I have a forum  (http://www.e-bursatil.com.co/smf/acciones-colombia/), which has over 300,000 posts, more than 3000 users, of which 70+ percent are inactive...I want to use the new RC3 forum because it has a few things we really need asap.

So, I would be glad to know your opiniones about what is best...migrate de data base  of my 1.1.11 forum to a new one or just upgrade it to RC3?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I would go with SMF 2 RC3, its not final, but its stable and has had very little issues overall, SMF 2 RC3 is coded so that mods rarely edit theme files, thus making themes compatible with more mods. SMF 2RC3 also offers more features and overall a better looking style.

SMF 1, the old reliable, I is basically the opposite, except that it is stable and has little issues also, still a good piece of work, it all depends on what you want. If you want more features and overall easy modding with custom themes, then go with SMF RC3

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Deaks

lrodri7418, the choice is yours, many people are updating to rc3 as there are more features etc for it, also compared to the 1.1.11 line coding is more uptodate.  I would take a backup of your db and then on create a test site using the backup and test upgrade your forum, before you do it live if you choose to update.  As this is more opinions and you have not posted in well over 3 weeks I am amrking this as solved if you have more questions the please do ask.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: