News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to View Attachments SMF2.0 RC3

Started by oziboy, August 09, 2010, 06:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oziboy

I'm placing this in SMF2.x Support rather that Conversions, as it may be able to be resolved here. I have searched for a resolution, but without any luck.

I have recently converted to SMF 2.0 RC3 from phpBB 3.0.7 and everything appeared to go smoothly, until I found I cannot view any attachments that converted in the move. In the threads on posts with attachments, the link is there for the 'Thumbnail' attachment, but clicking this gives a 404 error. I'm really at a loss as to where to look and what I've missed changing, or if it's wrong at all.

I've looked in Admin/Attachments/Browse Files and it looks like the photos are there, with Attachment Name, File size, Posted By, Date.
The file Path seems to be fine and set at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/attachments - but no connection can be made.

Next I went to CPanel and I opened phpMyAdmin, selected the Database, SMF_attachments, Browse and all appears fine here too.

Then to File Manager on CPanel, viewed the contents of Public_html and the attachments folder shows a size of 116kb Mode 0755 and viewing within the folder shows the File Name eg 1018_4ca4609f68e03109a6e54522c6b3dcd70d04c1ea_thumb Size 0 bytes Mode 0644 on each.

SMF is totally new to me here and I'm still finding my way, but I would be most welcome for any suggestions on resolving this matter.

I do have Aeva Media 1.3a installed and cannot get photos to find a File Path, but is another issue, perhaps.

**Edit. I did run the repair_settings.php and no problems showed in it.

xenovanis

Hi oziboy :)

Could you try this?
Admin --> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Find and repair any errors
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

oziboy

I ran it and got this.

Congratulations, no errors found! Thanks for checking.

Back to Forum Maintenance

oziboy

Just further with this problem, is that when you mouse-over the links where the missing images are supposed to be, you get this link show, which may give someone a clue as to how to get my forum back to working order.

http://www.xxxxxx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic5572.0;attach=7006

CapadY

Is there a file called "7006" in your attachement directory ?
So yes, whats the extension ?
What are the permissions of your attachement directory ?
Is there a .htacces file in it ? how does it look like ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

xenovanis

In addition, in Admin -> Forum -> Attachments and Avatars, make sure the extensions of your attachments are added in "Allowed attachment extensions".
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

oziboy

There is no .htaccess file in attachments and the 7006 attachment refers to a photo (as below).

Here's what I wrote about mode for the attachment folder..

Then to File Manager on CPanel, viewed the contents of Public_html and the attachments folder shows a size of 116kb Mode 0755 and viewing within the folder shows the File Name eg 1018_4ca4609f68e03109a6e54522c6b3dcd70d04c1ea_thumb Size 0 bytes Mode 0644 on each.

Allowed attachment extensions are - doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip

xenovanis

oziboy

Thank you - but it says it's not for 2.0.

xenovanis

Do the images show if you call them from your browser? How did you move them to the attachments folder?

oziboy

I've found posts on my forum which I know have attachments in them, but on doing a Google search and I click the link I get a 404 error every time.

They were moved by FTP in the conversion. 

xenovanis

crustybum

I have the same problem, i have moved all my attachments over to the new 2.0...but cannot view them...arghhhh!  :-[

xenovanis

Quote from: crustybum on August 13, 2010, 08:34:22 AM
I have the same problem, i have moved all my attachments over to the new 2.0...but cannot view them...arghhhh!  :-[

Yeah, but you're doing weird stuff :P

xenovanis

Just kidding  ;) Maybe it's better to start a new topic on this crustybum, as I have a feeling it's not entirely the same.

Advertisement: