News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexbon

Hi sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just installed this mod and I can't find the settings under the admin menu at all.  I read a post in this thread that said it was top level under Admin but it's not there. Has it moved and I just can't find it? Or maybe the install didn't work right?

Thanks in advance!

vbgamer45

It is the top level area it might have not installed you can upload it to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and find the edits it makes.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lexbon

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm kind of a noob about this stuff. I went to uninstall it and it said this:

"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

A dialog box came up and asked if I'm sure if I want to uninstall it. I tried that parser thing and it came up with a bunch of edits. Should I continue with the uninstall then try to re-install it with the edits or make those edits THEN uninstall it?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NekoJonez

Is it possible already or can I request this: a way for people with weak internet connections to stop the auto embed? And that they just see a link ?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

vbgamer45

Would take a bit of work. It would require a setting for each user.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

What about adding support for the time/start property of youtube?

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMH3T0EvduU?t=2m54s

That shows nothing (I mean, it shows the link heeee)... the proper thing should be the video, starting at 2m54s
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NekoJonez

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 30, 2014, 10:37:44 AM
Would take a bit of work. It would require a setting for each user.

Could you please be a little bit less vague? :P

Is it a yes or no?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

vbgamer45

No i don't have a time to do it. weak internet connections are less and less common and it is not like the video automatically plays either.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

Quote from: dmask on April 15, 2014, 02:52:35 AM
hi,
google maps embed link need to be fixed

the old one was like
the new one is like

It will be nice to have both methods, to not loose the olds added in posts

(I mean "implement", not "fix"... lol)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

SaltedWeb

Installed fine everything seems to where it should.
I see the settings in Admin and the format choices so seems it is installed ok.

Stupid question is how do I use this ?.
I didnt see a new button added in new post so not exactly sure what I use to put it in a post ?

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

luuuciano

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on April 23, 2014, 01:44:43 AM
Stupid question is how do I use this ?.
I didnt see a new button added in new post so not exactly sure what I use to put it in a post ?

Just add direct links to posts... it should be "converted" on the fly

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

vbgamer45

What's an example link you shouldn't use any tags at all.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

If you mean on the site ? Its locked to guest right now why I am developing the site, so cant show a link there.

I copied a test urn from Youtube and put it as a link and also just put the url without one. Didnt work.

Am I missing something ?

PS the Youtube box is checked in Admin

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SaltedWeb

vbgamer45

But what is the youtube link that you are posting on your forum that is NOT embeding.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: