News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: luuuciano on September 04, 2014, 03:36:16 PM
Facebook video is broken again? they changed something?

I was trying to add this: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=348100168682021
or without https http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=348100168682021

It remains just a link
Yes they did change the url format again I will need to update it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Babyfacemagee

Hi, I tried to install this on my forum but it gave a post.php error.  I tried installing it anyway but it didn't work.  Youtube links were not turned into videos.  I've temporarily added an embed bbc package so that my videos work for my users but I'd like to uninstall that if i can get this working.  Any idea?  I'm using smf 2.08.  I do have pretty urls installed.  Is that incompatible with this?  My site is www.theapplewatchforum.com

thanks.

Chalky

Babyfacemagee

How do I know what to put in the post.php so that it's correct?    Why would it be giving an error on a fresh install of smf 2.08?  Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

Question, the video url erased when switching between just text / what you see is almost what you get editor... was solved on the latest version?
I have tried it, and the url continues being erased.
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

vbgamer45

I solved the issue of editing a post having the url disappear in some cases

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Chalky

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chalky

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Chalky

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

I know next to nothing about coding so I don't know if this is a problem or not. I was going to uninstall this and do a fresh install of the latest version (I know I don't have to but I'd like to) and I got two errors. One was in Sources/Subs.php but that one was easy to figure out.

The other is in Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php ... when I click on the icon to show me the error, it says to find ?> and to add before it nothing. There's nothing in the box so I can't delete everything obviously. Is this the part I need to delete manually?

// Begin Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings
$txt['mediapro_admin'] = 'A/V Embedder';
$txt['mediapro_settings'] = 'Settings';
$txt['mediapro_save_settings'] = 'Save Settings';
$txt['mediapro_err_cache'] = 'Cache folder not writable must fix for performance!';
$txt['mediapro_settings2'] = 'Settings and configuration for Simple Audio Video Embedder';
$txt['mediapro_copyremove'] = 'Copyright Removal';
$txt['mediapro_copyremove2'] = 'Remove the copyright for Simple Audio Video Embedder';
// END Auto Embed Media Pro  Text Strings
DO NOT pm me for support!

vbgamer45

Yes that would be the part.
Make sure the
?>

Is on it's own line at the end.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

queennikki1972

Please do not scream at me for posting here. I specifically wanted to ask the developer of this particualr product about a project idea, and I know how everyone hates pm's. If you have a suggestion of a better place to post this, please let me know.

SMFHACKS may already have implemented something like this and have it for sale, but have not found it.

I currently run smf BREEZE social wall and installed Simple Audio Embedder as a separate mod as well as mentions and both integrate seamless in Breeze. I also purchased the smf4mobile which also works seamless with breeze social mod.

I was hooping there might be plans or (already available) "link-preview pre-fetch URL" mod that will integrate seamless as well. I thikn the developer of simple audio embedder would know exactly how this is done.

I have a link to provide that has been written already to use database to store the pre-fetched URLS, however this mod is imperfect and is currently standalone and not for smf. Since I am not a smf expert I do not know how to create a hook to call all the files properly.

https://github.com/LeonardoCardoso/Facebook-Link-Preview [nofollow]

This particular version works at 90% success rate but does not work on certain websites. Other wise I am pleased with it. Perhaps its a good start?

Again, ahead of time, sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Nikki

Steve

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

Worked perfectly and I installed the latest version with no problems. Not that it matters but I thought you got rid of justin.tv? Or did I forget something during my uninstall?

Advertisement: