News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nax

I don't think this mod is designed to do that, it's a "Simple Audio Video" embedder, not a FB post embedder.

Steve

Jade knows that I'm sure ... I just reread her post and it seems she's asking if this mod is causing the problem with embedding posts normally, not why this mod is not embedding them.
DO NOT pm me for support!

nax

pocttopus

Hello,

Is there any chance to find 3.5.1 version of this mod?

vbgamer45

I have the old versions why do you need it? You should always use the latest one
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

I believe that he deleted the mod from his server, and thus needs the old version to add it back to the server so he can uninstall the old version. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

-Rock Lee-

I was sure this was translated good @vbgamer45 Here I leave the Latin Spanish translations I hope will be useful for anything let me know :-[

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

Thanks for translations helpful for Spanish users!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pocttopus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2016, 08:41:13 AM
I have the old versions why do you need it? You should always use the latest one
Quote from: Kindred on April 15, 2016, 10:12:08 AM
I believe that he deleted the mod from his server, and thus needs the old version to add it back to the server so he can uninstall the old version. :)
Yes, I need that specific version because somehow the mod was deleted from the server. I needed back the version to make uninstall and update it to a newer one.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2016, 10:55:30 AM
Attached
Thanks!

Also I want to ask how can I remove this 3.5.1 version because even after upload there is still the same error:
Unable to find package file!

Please for some help?  :-\

vbgamer45

If you want to manually uninstall you can upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and will give you the files it edits

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pocttopus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
If you want to manually uninstall you can upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and will give you the files it edits
Thanks again for your support!  :)
After I upload the 3.5.1 version and selected the 2.0.11 version of smf I got the result for these versions of smf:
Uninstallation instructions for SMF version(s): 2.0 - 2.0.99, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5

Is it okay to proceed with the manual uninstallation? ???

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

badon

Quote from: badon on April 03, 2016, 06:27:11 PM
I did a search for "local attach" in this topic, but it didn't find any results, so forgive me if this question has already been discussed. I installed the mod and YouTube etc URL's work fine, but when I attach a video file to a post, it does not get displayed. It also does not work if I paste the URL to the attachment in the post, like I would do if I wanted to display the video file in multiple places. Is something wrong, or does the mod lack the ability to handle attached video files?

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 03, 2016, 06:33:49 PM
This mod does not handle attached videos. If it is in an attachment to the post.

Quote from: badon on April 03, 2016, 11:15:32 PM
Would it be straightforward to make it work with attached video files, or at the very least the URL to the attachment? In my tests, the URL doesn't work, presumably because you are using RegEx's that search for URL's like youtube.com, etc. To make it work with attachment URL's I'm guessing the mod would need to search for the local domain URL, and detect the MIME type of the file since it lacks an extension. You can view my tests here, to see what I'm talking about:

https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=4730.0

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 03, 2016, 11:59:26 PM
It would not be. That would be very difficult more so since there is no extension.

It looks like it's pretty easy to detect the MIME type without a file extension, the same way SMF itself does:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mime-content-type.php

So, if the lack of a file extension is not a problem, then it appears to me that it would indeed be straightforward to support attached video files. Correct me if I'm wrong.

vbgamer45

It is more than I would to do a request fetch the file and check the content type which can very intensive. As of right now the mod does not do any remote fetching calls.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

badon

I assume the file name is stored in SMF's database somewhere. Maybe it would be easier to just grab that?

vbgamer45

The closest thing I found would be http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 inline attachments but I don't think it does it automaticlly.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nend

Quote from: badon on April 24, 2016, 11:45:01 PM
I assume the file name is stored in SMF's database somewhere. Maybe it would be easier to just grab that?
Yes, the mine type and extension are stored in the database. Extensions are sometimes unreliable, you really want to check the headers and go with the mime type. However this is stored in the database.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 25, 2016, 10:37:03 PM
The closest thing I found would be http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 inline attachments but I don't think it does it automaticlly.
I haven't looked at the source of that mod, but it looks like it only does a few file types. @badon, I suggest you reach out to the author of that mod and see if they could incorporate the mime types you are requesting, since that modification is the closest match to what your suggesting.

engrz

Can i Stream my own local videos from my server to the forum using this mod? what will be the method to stream mp4 file from server.

for example: [video] file path[/video] but it is not working... can some one help?

vbgamer45

There is no tags in this mod. Just put the link in the post

Check the settings area and see if there is local mp4

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: