News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Since it is eating code, it is possibly the source of formatting issues also.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

I'm pretty sure there are much fewer changes to make if you go the #iU route.   Feels safer to me, because you are aligning the default behavior to your desired behavior.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Some background... 

The site I help out at is a guitar-processing and FX junkie website.  Lots of knowledge about guitar FX, modelers, synthesizers, MIDI guitar, etc. is shared.   So, many tutorials, demos, patches, etc. are shared. 

This is an example of a page where SAVE works beautifully and is a great asset to our site - a bunch of YouTube tutorials:
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7327.msg51067#msg51067

This page has issues, which is why I have Locals disabled at the moment:
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18532.msg132115#msg132115

badon

Quote from: luuuciano on August 13, 2016, 01:41:26 PM
Quote from: Raffaele1977 on August 12, 2016, 01:43:29 PM
Is it possible to disable the video embed function or to inactivate it, for example, when i put the link in the url code?

If i write:

- www.vim*o.com/12345678 --> the video appears
- [url=www.vim*o.com/12345678]link[/url] --> the video shouldn't appear

Look at reply #2540

Just use a URL shorten like https://goo.gl/ or https://tr.im/ That works for me, and it's a lot easier than hacking the code, especially when you need to upgrade in the future and you can't remember what it was you modified.

Arcturus

Of course but telling all my users they should shorten their URLs is not an option.
I tried hacking the code like this :

Quote from: alexetgus on July 03, 2016, 08:35:43 AM
Quote from: badon on July 03, 2016, 01:48:52 AM
Is there a way to NOT embed a video, and just get a plain link? I'm trying to put a plain link into forum signatures, but it embeds the video. I even tried using HTML tags with an HTML link, in case that would prevent it from being embedded, but it didn't work. Ideas?

Edit the REGEX in the database.

Example :
Before :
htt(p|ps)://[\w.]+youtube\.[\w]+/watch[(\?|\?feature=player_embedded&)\#!]+v=([\w-]+)[\w&;+=-]*[\#t=]*([\d]*)[&;10wshdq=]*

After :
(?<!])htt(p|ps)://[\w.]+youtube\.[\w]+/watch[(\?|\?feature=player_embedded&amp;)\#!]+v=([\w-]+)[\w&;+=-]*[\#t=]*([\d]*)[&;10wshdq=]*

This URL matche in mediapro : hxxp:www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx [nonactive]
This URL not matche in mediapro : [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx[/url]

All the BBCode block mediapro.

But it does not work. And it should be default behavior to not embed URLs that are inside BBC code blocks.

Please vbgamer :)

vbgamer45

Yeah haven't thought of a good way to do this yet.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RFD

errors out on v2.012 install.  no clue as to what the problem is.  this shouldn't be a mod, it should be part of the software - who doesn't want to play vids on their forum, really???

vbgamer45

It looks like file permission issue since it is asking for ftp information.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

shawnb61

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 22, 2016, 09:59:17 AM
Yeah haven't thought of a good way to do this yet.
Would a negative lookbehind assertion work?   Fail any <a href that has a ] immediately preceding it?   

RFD

what is the problem?  i really need the vid embedder to work!

smf version is the latest 2.012
latest vid embed version 3.6.5

see the two screen shots below.

error msg = "5.1.63-community-logi<56KY]G+ÿ÷ADr5La$,Q2GL"

vbgamer45

I would post in general SMF support for that issue I am not sure exactly  5..1.63 looks like mysql but you get the ftp screen.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

yeah, php version is 5.1.63 - is 5.3 or higher required to make it work???

vbgamer45

No shouldn't matter you would need to post in General SMF support they would better be able to help you with this issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

i thought this was the sub-forum for mod support?  do you want access to my server to work on this?  if so, no problem, email or pm me direct.  i need this mod installed and working asap.

vbgamer45

Yes but it looks like a general SMF package manager issue not an issue with the mod itself.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Looked at your screenshot.
Your FTP port number is wrong 3306 is for mysql thats why you see that appear.

The FTP port number should be 21

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

changed to port 21 go this error msg, changed all the permissions of all sub-dirs and files to 777, still get the same err msg ...

RFD

vbgamer45

All files and folders normally with the package manager

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

starting all over, blew it all away, upgraded to php 5.3 ..................

Advertisement: