News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profzelonka

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 05, 2017, 11:08:12 PM
Because I like it that way. Your choice to use it or not.
I'm sure you do.. There's no alternative auto-embed plugins.

Putting ransomware code on an open-source software. Surprised SMF project admins are fine with that.

vbgamer45

Well that's your opinion I disagree. I put in the time when no one else would and it's not like I am being paid to write this stuff. If you do not like you don't have to use it.
Donations such as copyright removal does help me decide to write software or not. People have come and gone but I still remain that is one thing you get with donations/paid software their is incentive to stay around and most of my addons are free to use but not free in terms of software.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

青山 素子

Quote from: profzelonka on February 05, 2017, 11:15:43 PM
Putting ransomware code on an open-source software. Surprised SMF project admins are fine with that.

I don't see an option to pay for the ability to remove a copyright line as demanding ransom. If it otherwise works fine, that's better than most commercial "demo" products. It wasn't long ago that it was forbidden to remove the SMF copyright (now with 2.0 it's just discouraged and you don't get community support).

Now, if there is something else I'm missing, like a copyright or credit after every embed, then that might be a bit overboard. However, it's still the author's choice to do it as much as it is the user to not use it.

P.S. Ransomware is software that holds data or the computer hostage unless you pay. This modification does no such thing.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

engrz

im unable to install updated version of simple audio video embedder, getting error and also unable to install the older version after un-installation.

what to do?

vbgamer45

You shouldn't have to uninstall the old install just install new version on top.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 11, 2017, 11:28:32 PM
You shouldn't have to uninstall the old install just install new version on top.

but i have uninstalled it, and now unable to install older or new, what to do now?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lurkalot

Quote from: engrz on February 11, 2017, 11:23:50 PM
im unable to install updated version of simple audio video embedder, getting error and also unable to install the older version after un-installation.

what to do?

Just out of interest. Did you get any errors when you Un-installed the old version?

engrz

Quote from: lurkalot on February 12, 2017, 06:05:32 AM
Quote from: engrz on February 11, 2017, 11:23:50 PM

what to do?

Just out of interest. Did you get any errors when you Un-installed the old version?

no. there is  no any error while uninstalling.

vbgamer45

What is the error on install then?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

getting test failed on admin.php file

vbgamer45

Ok install the mod then attach your Admin.php file here.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

you mean to install the mod forcely as there is test failed.

vbgamer45

yes then attach your admin.php
Or you can manually install the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 13, 2017, 11:10:28 AM
yes then attach your admin.php
Or you can manually install the mod.

i dont want to take a risk to install it forcely. if my forum goes offline, what should i do?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

perplexed

I've read all the 135 pages and I can't see a solution for playing local mp3?  I installed the mod but there's no option for Local MP3.  Is it supported yet?  Thanks

vbgamer45

If there is no option then it currently does not exist.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

Quote from: perplexed on February 20, 2017, 12:03:53 PM
I've read all the 135 pages and I can't see a solution for playing local mp3?  I installed the mod but there's no option for Local MP3.  Is it supported yet?  Thanks

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4131
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: