News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

Does this embedder have the capability to embed videos with urls specific to a time? It doesn't seem to embed anything properly when the youtube url contains a time frame.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Shambles

It works fine for me for youtube URLs that end with the start time specifier "#t="

Steve

Well I'll be dipped. Took a few tries to see what works but if you use the address from your browser's address bar (NOT the one from the 'share' button) and add what Shambles said, it works like a charm. ;D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Biology Forums

Would it be difficult to code it so that it can take all variants? A lot of members won't care to learn the way that works, especially newcomers. They'll just perceive the website as cheap and not bother.

vbgamer45

It might be I would need to see examples of all the variants.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

This would be the one I'd use most:

Stop the video, click the share button, check the 'start at' box and post the link it gives you which looks like this:

https://youtu.be/DkgO71YgAOA?t=14s

vbgamer45

bah why does youtube have to make all these different formats. In that example time is first the video id is second.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Shambles

TBH I'd just leave the code as it is. Let the poster adjust the URL to match what's permitted.

Anything for an easy life... that's me.

Steve

Same here for this particular mod since it embeds video from so many sites. If this were a YouTube only mod then I'd like to see it handle all formats. jmo

Biology Forums

Looking forward to the change. If you don't want the alterations, don't upgrade.

Steve

I didn't say I didn't want it. I just didn't see the need. But if vb is willing to do the work, of course I'll take advantage of it. :P

Shambles

Maybe the mod, if these changes are made, should be renamed Complex Audio Video Embedder in preference to Simple... 8)

aegersz

it just simply doesn't work at all for me, regardless of the site to link to - i have even tried a manual install and still no go.

i have many mods and most work so i'm confused. i'd love to get this one working, though.

the youtube mod works but EVERY link just shows up as a normal link, with no embessing.

(CentOS 6.5, SMF 2.0.10)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

Quote from: aegersz on July 04, 2015, 09:25:25 PMi have many mods and most work ...

You have mods installed that don't work?

Anyway, if you click the 'share' button under a YouTube video and post that link, without any url tags or anything, does the video show?

vbgamer45

"Automatically link posted URLs" must be enabled in the SMF settings

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 06, 2015, 11:45:34 AM
"Automatically link posted URLs" must be enabled in the SMF settings

it is, thanks anyway.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

Hmm not sure then make sure the mod is installed completely.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: