Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

That's what it sounds like to me too (not that I'm any expert). If it were me I'd manually check to see if all the edits were made where they were supposed to be.
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

i have done all that on 2.0.9 and still no go.

i lost my manual mods since i upgraded to 2.0.10 - now i don't even see SAVE in the credits/copyrighting at the bottom of the page.

i have marked all the BBC site-types (like facebook etc.) is that correct ?

so you guys automatically see facebook posts/pics. and youtube videos etc. in-line ?

that would make my forum so my sexier.  O:)

are there any other tests in can do ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

How did you upgrade your forum. If you did a large upgrade that would wipe everything and you would need to reinstall the mods
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

aegersz

I tried both a mod upgrade and fresh install+reinstall all my 30+ mods.

SAVE has *NO* effect when installed and I have installed it on different CentOS 6.5 machines.

maybe I should turn Autolink off ?

I am completely out of options.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

aegersz

a clue, perhaps:

i tried it on a vanilla 2.0.9 system that i installed at the very start, that had NO mods.

so i upload and install it with no errors (still no copyright and still no go) BUT if i try touninstall straight away, i get heaps of errors. Now that's wrong in my book - why all the "Test Failed" errors ? I am using SAVE 3.1.,  here is the failure report

1.   Delete File   ./Sources/AutoEmbedMediaPro2.php   
2.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/AutoEmbedMediaPro2.template.php   
3.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/languages/AutoEmbedMediaPro.english.php   
4.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/languages/AutoEmbedMediaPro.english-utf8.php   
*   5.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
6.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
*   7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
     1.   Replace   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
     2.   Add Before   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
*   8.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test failed
     1.   Replace   ./index.php   Test failed
*   9.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
     1.   Replace   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
*   10.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
     1.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
*   11.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
     1.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
     2.   Replace   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
12.   Execute Code   UnInstall.php   

vbgamer45

It looks like it didn't install at all then with the test failed. Probably a file permission issue.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

this is bizarre; the install proceeds with no problem but doesn't update any of the files.

how can i trace or debug the Package Installer ?

i believe that all the file permissions are correct.

why would the Package Manager say that it installed this (Simple Audio Video Embedder) ?

vbgamer45

I have sometimes seen it happen with the package manager normally file permissions issue general SMF support maybe able to help

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

yes, the mod says that it's worked but none of it has. i will start a new post on this weird phenomenon.

thank you.

GazCBG

Hi,

Is there away to add a button so a box pops up and they put in the link to the video?
Sorry I haven't read all as there 105 pages

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

Not quite sure why you'd need that since one simply puts the video's link into the post without any tags.

SMFHacks.com Team

New update
!Fixed regex for local/remote files for common extensions such as .wmv, .avi, .flv etc
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Shambles

Shame it still clashes (functionally) with the Descriptive Links mod. I have to remain on 2.7.2 for that reason :(

vbgamer45

You can always just run the installer which just loads the new regex's that way.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Shambles

I'm fairly sure the last time I checked this (3.0.1?) it was the regex's that caused the problem. On my test site, installing this latest version causes all media assets to become descriptive links.

Not a big deal, really.

vbgamer45

The regex's in the code though not the for audio video database code itself. You can always revert back if you have the old copy in case.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

I finally got this mod going and it works fine for youtube but not for Soundcloud or facebook etc.

what am i doing wrong ? here is an example of some that don't work.

http://soundcloud.com/andrew-egerszegi/cool-house-sessions-1-by-paul

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=716260078519391&set=pcb.716260348519364&type=1&theater

margarett

Please always use the MOD support topic for MOD-related issues ;)
(I merged your topic with this one)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: