News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BYUFanatic

Gotcha. I have local MP4 checked.

Now, question...

I'm guessing I simply upload them to a local directory on my server then type in the address to have it load?

Example:

myserver.com/videos/video1.mp4

Is that correct? Is there any other formatting I need?

vbgamer45

That should be it.
Just make sure you include the http://
And it will work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BYUFanatic

Ugh... chrome wants to use the quicktime plugin to play the video (I have quicktime disabled). But I would rather go with the default within the chrome browser. How can I fix that?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BYUFanatic

That's correct. It shouldn't be trying to use the quicktime plugin because that's going away anyways.

BYUFanatic

And it won't even attempt to play on my phone. Just says "this plugin not supported."

If I try to load another site with mp4 (example - www.ASLwithRobNielson.com) then the video shows properly. So I'm guessing it's either a setting in SMF or your mod requires the quicktime plugin? Incidentally, I did enable the plugin, but all I get is the Q with a ? in it. The video does not play.

vbgamer45

Ok looks like I have to do update that. I add that a long time ago. Will need to review my local plugin code. It should be easier now a days that browsers are not using plugins for most video formats.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BYUFanatic

Ok. Thanks for that info. Any idea how long it would take you? For now I've just disabled the mod and they can click on the link (and then it plays fine).

SMFHacks.com Team

New update!
+Added support local ogg and local webm media files
!Updated mp4 local to use the video tag instead of quicktime player
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

bjornforum

Hi!

I tried installing both 3.3 and 3.4, but although the test shows "succes" and installation seems successful, nothing is actually installed.
After I install the plugin shows as "installed" but there is no config anywhere, and if I remove the plugin all tests show "failed".

I tried this on 2 different forums. Both on the same server. Different plugins work fine.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks
Björn

vbgamer45

No. you might have issue with your SMF install most of the time it is file permission issue.
You can also install the mod manually http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html then upload the mod on that page to get the file edits to be made.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BYUFanatic

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on September 03, 2015, 12:13:25 AM
New update!
+Added support local ogg and local webm media files
!Updated mp4 local to use the video tag instead of quicktime player

Well... some progress! Ha. I now see the video player in Chrome, but.... the play button is grayed out. I cannot play the video. I can, however, put the direct link of the video into the URL bar and it plays just fine. It just doesn't play in SMF.

Jade Elizabeth

Hey is it possible to allow embedding of webm/gifv? From imgur?

I can't use an image tag with it or anything like that. Example:
http://www.jades-world.com/forums/crazy-corner/ltinsert-x-files-music-heregt/msg122083/#new

Also is it this mod trying to embed external swf files? If so I will post a link for you to test because it wasn't working for me.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

.webm might work right now just added local .webm file setting.

.gifv would need to look into

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Hmm it doesn't work for external but tries to embed, give that link another go! :)

For reference: http://i.imgur.com/mv8pq73.webm
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

bjornforum

Quote from: bjornforum on September 03, 2015, 03:33:18 AM
Hi!

I tried installing both 3.3 and 3.4, but although the test shows "succes" and installation seems successful, nothing is actually installed.
After I install the plugin shows as "installed" but there is no config anywhere, and if I remove the plugin all tests show "failed".

I tried this on 2 different forums. Both on the same server. Different plugins work fine.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks
Björn

Fixed by removing the instruction for copying the cache folder (since it already exists in SMF).

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539477.0

bjornforum

Oh I forget: Youtube video's are not responsive in this plugin currently. Would it be possible to add this?
The Ohara Youtube Embed module (latest version) does this now in case you want to know how ;)

vbgamer45

Quote from: bjornforum on September 04, 2015, 07:26:03 AM
Oh I forget: Youtube video's are not responsive in this plugin currently. Would it be possible to add this?
The Ohara Youtube Embed module (latest version) does this now in case you want to know how ;)
It should be already. I am using the same embed code in the latest version that youtube uses. Do you have a sample link?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bjornforum

bjornforum

PS. Also note that Ohara has a image as placeholder and only loads (heavy) youtube embed code after the image is clicked.

Advertisement: