News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Yeah you can only use one or the other not both otherwise unexpected results may occur.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

I am having some issue Uninstalling this Mod.

Please see the attachments below. As I am trying to uninstall it gives me that message. I need to install it back after I make it compatible to the new theme that I trying to get.

Last time when I uninstalled it gave me the issue and my site crashed. I am not too sure why is that happening. Please help me out with this.

I clicked "Remove all data" and clicked uninstall. I really don't know what exactly happened there. I do have Ver 3.5a installed.

My Site: desi-american.com

Thank You
Nikhil

vbgamer45

I would still uninstall then do the one last step manually.
Upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and reverse the instrucitons
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

@vbgamer45,

That's what I did last time and it crashed the site. And then I had to restore the site which bought me back to the same situation to uninstall and same error message.

vbgamer45

Then do the manual uninstall
Upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and reverse the instrucitons

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

Ok. The link is not working at my work right now. As soon as I get home will try and update you.

Thank You for the link.  :)

desiamerican26

@vbgamer,

I just realized while checking on the mods that I have. It's not just this particular mod but some other mods like: Contact Page, Ad Management, Simple Portal, Enotify and 1 or 2 more giving me same issue  while I try to uninstall :(

Should I still follow the link you provided to uninstall them all manually or is this some different issue?

Thank You
Nikhil

margarett

Package Manager can only perform code changes (be it install or uninstall) if the "code to search" is found ipsis verbis as specified on the MOD installation instructions. If a single space is different, it can't be performed automatically anymore.

So, no matter which MOD you are talking about, if the specific code in each operation can't be found, you always need to try to fix that yourself. That usually means that another MOD changed some code in the neighborhood, though. The more complex the MOD is (eg: the more edits it performs), the greater are the chances for that to occur...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

desiamerican26

Hi,

I am trying to see how to change the codes. Please refer to the attached image.

I am just wondering that how and where I can make these changes?

And the link provided by vbgamer, I am having problems understanding that how it gonna work?

Please help me explain that.

vbgamer45

The picture attached looks like it is for the ads mod?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

I guess that's what I did. The Ad Management mod and the other mod that I am having issue with is the Simple Portal Mod. I one by one uninstalled all the mods and these two were the one I was getting an error with. I am not too sure how to fix these.

vbgamer45

You would just remove the ads line in that screenshot and thats it. After you have uninstalled the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

What I noticed last....I uninstalled the ad management to install it back again....but as soon as I uninstall my site crashes....then I have to restore it back and everything is back to the same, including the mod as it is  :(

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

How do I do with this link? I upload the file and click UNINSTALL, and then I click on PARSE MOD. It takes me to the next page where it shows all the edit codes and stuff. How and Where I am going to make those changes?

Please help me understanding this link.

vbgamer45

That page tells you the file and what lines to change in the file. You just need to do it in reverse

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

I figured after a while. I am trying to see where to look for those files...I checked within my cpanel and I don't see anything. Is it within the Admin login in SMF itself? I am checking through that....like it says $BOARDDIR/INDEX.PHP or $SOURCEDIR/INDEX.PHP....? Where should I check for these files?

vbgamer45

In your forum directory...
$boardindex is /
$Sourcedir is the sources/ folder
$themedir is themes/

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

desiamerican26

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 18, 2015, 12:27:04 PM
In your forum directory...
$boardindex is /
$Sourcedir is the sources/ folder
$themedir is themes/

I can't find Forum Directory. Can you please help where exactly I have to look it for. :(

vbgamer45

I don't think I can be much help. I would try general SMF support forums.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: