Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Quote from: Dan_ on February 07, 2016, 10:39:55 PM

Quote from: GizmoPower on February 07, 2016, 10:12:09 AM
Has anyone ever got a Facebok Video to work?

Installing this mod did the trick.. Works well with Simple Audio Video Embedder, and no need for -[facebook]- just link.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4062

Yes it did the trick for me as well...  Apparently it takes 2 mods to get Facebook videos to embed with just the link.

I can second that. Installed the FB mod today and now all of my copyright worries are gone because I don't have to worry about youtube for videos I make with heavy metal audio backgrounds.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

njtweb

Quote from: Steve on February 11, 2016, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: njtweb on February 11, 2016, 04:12:16 PM... now all of my copyright worries are gone ...

Wait. What?

I have a sports website, which relies entirely on youtube videos. I make custom career comp videos for retired and current professional hockey players. I use about a minute to a minute and a half of some kind of heavy metal audio track as the background audio for their video intro's. When I'm done making their videos I post the intro for them to see so they know what to expect. Youtube either rips the audio from the video, blocks the video entirely in specific countries, or removes the video entirely. Facebook doesn't, at least not all the time unless I use a full track with is pretty much never. I was using dailymotion but that site is awful.

luuuciano

Quote from: njtweb on February 12, 2016, 09:09:02 AMI was using dailymotion but that site is awful.

Have you tried vimeo?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: njtweb on February 11, 2016, 04:12:16 PM
Quote from: Dan_ on February 07, 2016, 10:39:55 PM

Quote from: GizmoPower on February 07, 2016, 10:12:09 AM
Has anyone ever got a Facebok Video to work?

Installing this mod did the trick.. Works well with Simple Audio Video Embedder, and no need for -[facebook]- just link.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4062

Yes it did the trick for me as well...  Apparently it takes 2 mods to get Facebook videos to embed with just the link.

I can second that. Installed the FB mod today and now all of my copyright worries are gone because I don't have to worry about youtube for videos I make with heavy metal audio backgrounds.

VB why don't you have a look how that mod does it and reverse engineer it? It could give you the answer you're looking for? :)

It's really sucky to not have it working. I know you're busy, I hope this is a solution you can look into :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

njtweb

Quote from: luuuciano on February 12, 2016, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: njtweb on February 12, 2016, 09:09:02 AMI was using dailymotion but that site is awful.

Have you tried vimeo?

You have to pay for vimeo. I add roughly 20-30 fight videos a day.

themavesite

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 09, 2016, 03:31:00 PM
Local gifv files?

Can't you just put them as an image already?

Imgur gifv files.

An imgur gifv = 1/10th of the gif size.
You can embed gifv by replacing gifv with jpeg, but then the file size multiplies by 10...
So I would love to be able to embed gifv's.
TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
+Added support for sendvid
+New facebook version v5 for videos. You must check that option in settings
!Fixed instagram for SMF 1.1.x
+Updated jibjab regex
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Pause

@vbgamer45 in case you missed this (as I see the code is still the same in this particular case):

Quote from: Pause on January 28, 2016, 04:10:19 PM
It appears that the YouTube Short URL option should be tweaked slightly like the main YouTube iframe code already is, as it explicitly embeds a http iframe (which obviously isn't going to load it for those running their forums on https instead).

Thanks for the mod vbgamer45. :)
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Dan_

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on February 14, 2016, 11:29:46 AM
Update
+Added support for sendvid
+New facebook version v5 for videos. You must check that option in settings
!Fixed instagram for SMF 1.1.x
+Updated jibjab regex

Should I uninstall the previous versions of this mod?   

I use Chrome at present, one of the members has Firefox.  He can see videos in his posts, when he sends one in, but cannot see anything in posts that I send... Until he says he clicks on reply.  Then he can only see the hyperlink, no video.

I have versions 3.5a, 3.5.1, 3.5.2, and 3.6 installed.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Not required you can just install the newest version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Thanks HEAPS for the update VB!! :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dan_

Quote from: Dan_ on February 14, 2016, 10:03:03 PM
Should I uninstall the previous versions of this mod?   

I use Chrome at present, one of the members has Firefox.  He can see videos in his posts, when he sends one in, but cannot see anything in posts that I send... Until he says he clicks on reply.  Then he can only see the hyperlink, no video.

I have versions 3.5a, 3.5.1, 3.5.2, and 3.6 installed.

Thanks.

I should have said I have version 3.5.1,2,a and 3.6 --in the package manager, only 3.6 was installed.  I deleted the others from the package manager, However my forum is still misbehaving.  Here is the discussion if you like...

Thanks for the great support here...

vbgamer45

I read the topic what part is broken? I see the facebook post videos in the end using the new v5 embed and you say it is working there.

As long as you have 3.6 you have the latest embed codes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dan_

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 16, 2016, 11:55:09 AM
I read the topic what part is broken?

The screen shots in the topic reveal that the FB videos show on my screen,(the poster) but not the other members.

They report they see only my text until the hit the reply button, then they only see a hyperlink URL under my text.  No FB video in the post on their end ever... text in the msg or not.

I did have the FB BBcode mod installed.  When I had earlier versions of S.A.V.E. mod installed, FB videos did not work at all.  The BB code mod seemed to fix them.

One of the screen shots from a member is of a YouTube video...

vbgamer45

very strange i can see it ok. on my computer and phone as a guest.  does it only not appear when replying?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dan_

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 16, 2016, 12:53:41 PM
very strange i can see it ok. on my computer and phone as a guest.  does it only not appear when replying?

My understanding is that they can only see the text in my post. 

I sent one without text, but with the URL and they said they didn't see anything at all... again until they hit reply.  --Then only the hypertext link.

I could see the videos fine on my phone as well...  I have Chrome and Android "Internet" browsers on my phone.  I think they are both Chrome however. 

Thanks a lot for this great mod.  I think I am the only one on our forum who has ever posted an FB video, but they seem to be stepping up their game to try to compete with YouTube.

Sorry to cause grey hair.

vbgamer45

I tested on chrome, firefox and on iphone I am able to see the videos.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: